Damage Patterns and Damage-Boosting Techs

Galactic diplomacy with extreme prejudice.
EntropyAvatar

Damage Patterns and Damage-Boosting Techs

Post by EntropyAvatar » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:40 am

How do damage-boosting techs like neutronium rounds and higher warhead levels affect the weapon's damage pattern? I vaguely recall Mecron mentioning that they expand the damage pattern somehow. Do they make the pattern deeper? Wider? Erode the pattern in general?

There are a lot of weapons that look rather weak against DN-class armour, but if modifying techs make the damage pattern deeper, they could be quite effective.

Nspace
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Re: Damage Patterns and Damage-Boosting Techs

Post by Nspace » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:17 pm

From this thread:
Mecron wrote:warhead and any damage increase tech increase the size of the pattern one square outwards per point of damage increase starting at the deepest level. (yes I know, ugliest least helpful explanation sentence evar :P )

So as an example, Missiles start with Fusion Warheads and have a damage pattern of 6/4/4/2. If I understand Mecron correctly, one point of damage increase should give a damage pattern of 8/6/6/4/2. This can be tested in the weapon test screen with firing missiles at your own ships. :)
"Quando omni flunkus, mortati" - "When all else fails, play dead"
SotS 1 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots1/Main_Page
SotS 2 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots2/SotS2_Codex

EntropyAvatar

Post by EntropyAvatar » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:07 pm

Thanks for finding that quote. Do the missiles on the test screen get your warhead upgrades? I never noticed that.

Korgan

Post by Korgan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:44 am

your own should, the test fire missiles don't, should be able to force fire them at yourself I imagine

Return to “The Weapons”