Stormer Question

Galactic diplomacy with extreme prejudice.
Gramalian

Stormer Question

Post by Gramalian » Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:32 pm

Just wanted to ask if each round from a stormer follows the same rules as the round its simulating?

To clear that up does a stormer fire 10 gauss rounds that do the same dmg as a normal gauss round at the same range and so on?

Just asking as I was reading a lot about how stormers suck as a weapon due to poor AP and accuracy. I would think they should function as if 10 gauss turrets were shooting per stormer to off set the downside of the gun and all that.

by the way its my favorite gun in the game concept wise. So Im not trying to say it sucks or anything of the sort. Just trying to understand how it functions.

Exavier724

Re: Stormer Question

Post by Exavier724 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:45 am

No Stomers have their own damage/penetration values unique to that weapon system. The lack of penetration on them hurts (especially if your facing dreadnaughts with medium mount stormers). In theory though they arn't bad against BRs & non-adamantine cruisers simply due to the numbers of rounds they fire (and potential crits if the enemies armor is messed up enough).

Bursters, Mirvs, Blast Beam/Storm, Cracker Cols, etc style weapons that use a Submunition system however generally do use the projectiles/beams of a different weapon system as its final munition.

Treliant

Re: Stormer Question

Post by Treliant » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:12 pm

If you check out the wikki it will give a breakdown of all the characteristics of the weapon(damage pattern, fire rate, crit rate, etc.). From my experience Stormers are great support weapons, They are completely useless against armor but if the armor matrix is depleted they drop structure points very quickly. So a couple mixed into your load outs can greatly increase the rate at which you can destroy sections once you cut through armor.

Return to “The Weapons”