Drone Dilemmas

Galactic diplomacy with extreme prejudice.
WarriorServent

Drone Dilemmas

Post by WarriorServent » Mon May 06, 2013 1:24 am

Hello all!

Literally less than five minutes ago I attacked a Zuul system as Humans :twisted: with a combo of armor, drone, and heavy drone ships :awesome: . But the entire time my ships were having a problem :evil: , you see I was attacking the first planet there, and killed it with extreme prejudice :twisted: , but decided to leave the useless enemy drone platforms there since they were no longer a threat. Boy, it was like those platforms had really pissed off my drones because no matter how far my ships got from them (the entirety of the map away) the drones ignored the commands to come back to the ships and just wanted to kill those platforms :evil: , why was that? Is it a bug or glitch? Or just how the AI works.

Thanks to anyone who responds and answers
Humans... we may not be the smartest race, or the fastest, but may God help you if you piss us off...

Adamfostas

Re: Drone Dilemmas

Post by Adamfostas » Mon May 06, 2013 4:08 am

Did you select the drones and manually point them at another target? They'll attack platforms automatically if you don't tell them to do something else.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

WarriorServent

Post by WarriorServent » Mon May 06, 2013 9:39 am

No, I did not, but do I have to? I was constantly recalling them and they went back even when the game tried to go into accelerated combat.
Humans... we may not be the smartest race, or the fastest, but may God help you if you piss us off...

ForceUser

Post by ForceUser » Fri May 10, 2013 7:52 am

Might want to look at your stances. Could be that the stance of the drone carrier is influincing the behaviour of the drones.
Perspective Man: Much like common sense, it's so rare it's a gorram superpower.
Agent.nihilist wrote:Ooo! Whats the gesture for ramming!?
Korgan wrote:probably a pelvic thrust
Mecron wrote:oy that is wrong at so many levels...well done! :P

Return to “The Weapons”