Independent Races

Moderator: Erinys

Goontrooper

Re: Independent Races

Post by Goontrooper » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:47 pm

Inspector wrote:Do the Morrigi have any advantages or additional options when studying independent races? After all, they have been dropping in on underdeveloped cultures for a few millennia more than anyone else.

My understanding is that this is one of the key aspects of the Morrigi in SotS 2. We know they have admirals from multiple races. My understanding is that they also have an easier time with independents. I'm not exactly sure how this works obviously, and maybe my understanding is off.

On a related note, not sure if this has been covered, but will independents have governments? This will obviously have a huge impact on diplomacy, since some governments get along better with others.

I really hope that interactions with independents is fairly well developed. It would be great if we could influence them in a variety of ways, maybe shifting them closer to a government that we would prefer / get along with better. Civ V's city states had some good basic concepts for independents. Really looking forward to seeing how SotS 2 handles it.

Can't believe we are less than a week out!

Skywalker

Post by Skywalker » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:42 am

What about racial bonuses when independent race is included as protectorate or incorporated into empire? Do we have any or is it just couple of the "perfect starship pilots" lines in the description?

shadowclasper

Post by shadowclasper » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:47 am

I'm pretty sure independent races haven't been included yet? But I'm wondering if there's some sort of ETA on when we'll be getting them?

Resok
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Resok » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:49 am

shadowclasper wrote:I'm pretty sure independent races haven't been included yet? But I'm wondering if there's some sort of ETA on when we'll be getting them?

Err, yeah they have. I see 'em in my games all the time.

Do you play with random encounters set to 0%? I believe this means you won't see Indy races be populated either if this is the case.
- Resok

shadowclasper

Post by shadowclasper » Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:04 am

Resok wrote:
shadowclasper wrote:I'm pretty sure independent races haven't been included yet? But I'm wondering if there's some sort of ETA on when we'll be getting them?

Err, yeah they have. I see 'em in my games all the time.

Do you play with random encounters set to 0%? I believe this means you won't see Indy races be populated either if this is the case.

That would... actually explain it. I've been playing with them set to 0% just to get a handle on the mechanics and when I searched it I found a forum thread talking about how they'd not been added yet. Guess I know what to do on my next playthrough! :oops:

edit: Also the complete lack of a list of them on the wikipedia also threw me.

Ashbery76

Post by Ashbery76 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:46 pm

It that confirmed.If you play 200% you get more indies?

Resok
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Resok » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:50 pm

Ashbery76 wrote:It that confirmed.If you play 200% you get more indies?

That's been my experience consistently, yeah.
- Resok

Return to “The Galactic Atlas”