Sotsverse at the Edges

Moderator: Erinys

Genth

Sotsverse at the Edges

Post by Genth » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:39 am

Firstly, I understand about game mechanics not allowing an infinite universe :p. My question is about the Sotsverse map. I've only played as the hiver on it so far, and I noticed that their homeworld is at the very edge of the map. Just made me think about the problem of putting all these races in the same arena - wouldn't each race have a 'sphere of knowledge' around their own territory, rather than all knowing the same territory?

In the actual backstory, do the races actually share the same arena? Or is there a huge 'back end' of, say Tarkas space that the other races don't really know about? Wouldn't most races just kinda turn around and expand in the opposite direction when they came up against resistance?

Basically just wondering if there is any kind of in universe explanation for the limited arena

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Re: Sotsverse at the Edges

Post by Erinys » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:55 am

Nope. Strictly a matter of game mechanics and what is playable/supportable.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

sob

Post by sob » Thu Jun 14, 2012 3:21 pm

It dose mean it would be easy to add a new race. Some group could easily bump in the current factions.

And am I correct that all of the SOTS history takes place in one arm of the milky way.
you think you a real "bleep" solders you "bleep" plastic solders don't wory i will make you in to real "bleep" solders!! "bleep" plastic solders

CPO Mzinyati

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:56 am

Absolutely.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

Return to “The Galactic Atlas”