Vanilla AI Enhancement - VAE - Alpha Release - V6

Moderator: Makail

Rossinna-Sama

Re: Vanilla AI Enhancement - VAE - Alpha Release - V6

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:07 pm

HellBent wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:56 am
Amazing work, this might get me back into SOTS2. Still my saddest story in game development, loved the first one, was so excited by this then....

I reinstalled last year, played an hour of a game, spent so long trying to remember all the (poorly explained) mechanics before realising the AI was brain dead and hadn't left their starting planets

Will reinstall and give this a go, hopefully I can get a good game. Any other mods i should check out? Reforged?
In my personal preference order: Pocket Leviathans, Reforged, VAE.
32 Million Color mod is highly recommended though it usually comes inbuilt with mods with their own tweaks.
Can't vouch for any older mods working anymore.
Eventually Project Hiver (PH) would be included in that list but I'm very slow in setting anything in stone for that since it was always my personal project but has garnered some interest over the years for a stable release; something I'm working towards.
Sword of the Stars 2 : Project Hiver - work in progress
Sword of the Stars 2 : Vanilla AI Enhancement Mod - Alpha Version 6 now Available.
Creator of the upcoming Seimei universe.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:16 pm

Hell, it was more a sad story about publishing than development.

willdieh

Post by willdieh » Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:02 pm

Mr. Mecron, someday you should write a book and tell the whole story. Seriously! I'm sure it'd be a very interesting read and serve as an important case study in publisher/developer relations. I know I'd love to read it as I'm sick of hearing the details second hand. Regardless, the Kerb SOTS fanbase is still alive and well and can be seen in just about any "what 4x game do you recommend?" thread that pops up in forums or reddit where SOTS is almost always strongly recommended.

Nayas

Post by Nayas » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:45 pm

Rossinna-Sama wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:32 am
Nayas wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:31 am
Haven't you overdid the morrigi grav bonus? Starting 54 point fleet has 9.75 speed, which is faster than any other drives, including node lines, or deepscan sensor range. And with new templates and no maintanace almost every fleet I see is max size.
As for the Morrigi FTL speeds, I was asking for feedback on them. You can alter the bonuses they get from flocking in the commonassets file.
You can lower some of those numbers and if you want, let me know which feels optimal to you and when\if I get back to work on VAE, i'll include it as the default setting.
VAE v6

Code: Select all

<FlockCRBonus>0.25</FlockCRBonus>
		<FlockDNBonus>0.75</FlockDNBonus>
		<FlockLVBonus>1.75</FlockLVBonus>
    <FlockBRCountBonus>0</FlockBRCountBonus>
    <FlockCRCountBonus>20</FlockCRCountBonus>
    <FlockDNCountBonus>8</FlockDNCountBonus>
    <FlockLVCountBonus>3</FlockLVCountBonus>
Vanilla

Code: Select all

<FlockCRBonus>0.1</FlockCRBonus>
		<FlockDNBonus>0.3</FlockDNBonus>
		<FlockLVBonus>0.5</FlockLVBonus>
    <FlockBRCountBonus>0</FlockBRCountBonus>
    <FlockCRCountBonus>6</FlockCRCountBonus>
    <FlockDNCountBonus>3</FlockDNCountBonus>
    <FlockLVCountBonus>2</FlockLVCountBonus>
These speeds are kinda ludicrous, even without the double flock bonus. I don't have good enough point of reference to fine tune this, but isn't the point of changing this is to compensate for gravboat loss? I'd take new per ship bonus numbers and vanilla ship counts, that seems to work alright to give small fleets equivalent boost of speed. Big fleets still gonna be faster than ever, idk if Morrigi need this to be more competitive, since their and Liir ships seem to be made of paper, but Liir ftl also slows down a lot near plantes. Grav synergy in tech bonuses needs to be like 1.33 to bring it in line with Vanilla with these numbers.

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:04 pm

I'm hoping once I can afford to upgrade my PC once again that I'll be more willing to deal with AI testing once again. I keep hearing some people getting turn times of like 5 seconds yet I've already got my SOTS2 install on a high-end M4 directly plugged into my motherboard where unless its pre-turn 50, I can easily wait upwards of 4\5 mins per turn.

I will reduce the default speed of the Morrigi and do some playtesting in person this time around with them. All I did was ensure the changes worked, didn't have time for actually playing a hands-on match with them past turn 50.
Sword of the Stars 2 : Vanilla AI Enhancement Mod - Alpha Version 6 now Available.

wingren013
Cassandra

Post by wingren013 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:02 am

So anyone else experiencing insanely aggressive ai?
The SOTS2 players guide: http://www.kerberos-productions.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=43082&p=482769#p482769
Ultimate Enemy Mod: http://www.kerberos-productions.com/for ... 01#p499101
(I like line spacing, parentheses, and inter-sentence punctuation; deal with it)

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:05 am

Its supposed to be aggressive since it now has the capability to maintain an offensive instead of losing momentum the moment it loses two\three fleets. The AI in SOTS1 acts the same way once its properly established.

Return to “Modding”