Save Our SOTS2 - A Fan Made Patch

Moderator: Makail

BlueInstinct

Re: Save Our SOTS2 - A Fan Made Patch

Post by BlueInstinct » Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:31 pm

Wohoo, i cant wait to giv this another spin, !

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:20 pm

Well I've given is a spin and on the third turn playing Loa I got this crash. :-(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

willdieh

Post by willdieh » Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:13 pm

Ok, I'll take a look :) Sorry about that! Loa has ... issues some times :) But it's probably something simple to fix.

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:53 pm

willdieh wrote:
Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:13 pm
Ok, I'll take a look :) Sorry about that! Loa has ... issues some times :) But it's probably something simple to fix.
Take your time...I have other things to play afterall.

willdieh

Post by willdieh » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:00 am

Okay, all fixed. Sorry, that was me, mistakenly believing that only the AI would play Loa (I was using AI routines in player mode when I shouldn't have been)
:angel:

New build posted - 3.12.2019

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:47 am

And I will give it another go!

BlueInstinct

Post by BlueInstinct » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:12 pm

First report on my new game:
Same settings: Duel map, hiver with 6 starting systems on very hard.

checked in on turn 20 and the it looks promising. All 3 gate fleets are on route to get new systems, economy looks good, and the AI even filled up many fleets up to its max 66 CC. The AI seems to love the CC upgrade and i cant blöame it, its a very good tech. i think i have to get that soon myself :D

Il keep you updated.

As always, much apreciated!

willdieh

Post by willdieh » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:52 pm

I have a feeling you're going to get owned. With a setting of Very Hard AI, I expect they'll have DN fleets in about 10 more turns :twisted:

Your best bet at the moment is an offensive strategy. The defensive logic isn't very strong yet. If you can hit their systems and take out the defense fleets, they won't likely have reinforcements until they can rebuild them at that location. I'm working on this though, and soon I hope the AI will send its nearby fleets in response to an attack like it should. :any:

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:42 pm

Well I have been having a slow game as Loa as I relearn them. but I have met Solforce who declared war on me soon after.

They attacked a fleet I had surveying a system and I managed to win because I had boarding pods on my chosen config. When they attacked again they absolutely decimated my new fleet. I elected to go with armors and drone ships...which were destroyed in exchange for taking out 2 of theirs.

Oh I wanted to ask: I'm getting two combats even though they and I have only one fleet. Is another combat done when you have an NPG deployed in the system by default. Its been a long time since I played Loa.

MrAnimaniac

Post by MrAnimaniac » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:02 pm

Thank you very much for your effort. I took the liberty to point people toward your mod on Steam. If it doesn’t break any rules, I’m not aware of, you could consider publishing it there as well. Therefore, making it easily available to anyone.
Best of luck for your ongoing work. As I’m not able to play within the next weeks anyways, I hope you’ll have some progress regarding the AI self-defence. :)

BlueInstinct

Post by BlueInstinct » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:10 pm

willdieh wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:52 pm
I have a feeling you're going to get owned. With a setting of Very Hard AI, I expect they'll have DN fleets in about 10 more turns :twisted:

Your best bet at the moment is an offensive strategy. The defensive logic isn't very strong yet. If you can hit their systems and take out the defense fleets, they won't likely have reinforcements until they can rebuild them at that location. I'm working on this though, and soon I hope the AI will send its nearby fleets in response to an attack like it should. :any:
Uhhhh, iam about to find out, lets see how capable they are at invading a system. They need to get a gate up after all.
In yesterdays session they started sending gate fleets at my systems, and the first one got smacked. Now iam going to see how this unfolds.
I keep you posted.

you have done an absolutely fantastic job so far, if you manage to make the AI defnd itself propperly, i think this AI is turning into a beast!

willdieh

Post by willdieh » Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:58 am

Slashman wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:42 pm
Oh I wanted to ask: I'm getting two combats even though they and I have only one fleet. Is another combat done when you have an NPG deployed in the system by default. Its been a long time since I played Loa.
Hmmm... good question... I'll have to check and see if that's supposed to happen. Presumably you'd get one combat per fleet... but are gates fleets? I don't think they should be, but they might have to be to allow other factions to attack them. I'll check it out, but I bet that's what it is.

Right now I'm struggling with the defense logic, trying to get it to work. It's harder than I thought it would be.

Resok
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Resok » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:08 pm

Seems promising, good stuff. Just recently started playing SOTS2 multiplayer again myself.

Regarding this detail:
Added "Empire" to Environmental Tailoring to increase possibility of research and add to possible initial starting techs list (Prev. only "Expansion")
Reduced Loa cost factor from 20 to 0.5 (why 20? Because they can't go farther up? So? Is there a pop growth problem?)
Loa have a very low population growth rate, the above tech and FTL economics are typically my first technologies as Loa. It's also a technology that is more valuable early on than it is later in the game (as many colonies could be max pop).
- Resok

willdieh

Post by willdieh » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:35 pm

My point exactly... For some reason Loa had a very high cost to research ET in vanilla and so I reduced it. I was wondering why it was set so high to begin with, thinking it might be thematic or something. Same with zuul and trade. Sure, they can't trade with other factions, but why Nerf their trade research?

Glad to see you back Resok!

Edit:
BTW, I make absolutely no claim that this patch will work with multiplayer :awesome: It might, but I have no idea if these updates will affect it somehow.

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Post by ZedF » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:18 am

Probably as simple as Loa not wanting to tailor the environment, but to sterilize it. The lore has always had a big impact on tech in the SotSverse.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

Return to “Modding”