Save Our SOTS2 - A Fan Made Patch

Moderator: Makail

Glabrezu

Re: Save Our SOTS2 - A Fan Made Patch

Post by Glabrezu » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:34 pm

@Rossinna-Sama:
"Antimatter Burst Ammo - Increased Solution Tolerance to 180 from 90."
So with Solution Tolerance lower is better? Sniper gun has 5 Gauss Cannon has 3.
I thought the deviation was what affected the accuracy?
How does the solution tolerance work (I had guessed angle variation for some reason, so 90 Solution Tolerance meant to me it could shoot at 90 degrees, doh).

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:13 pm

Glabrezu wrote:
Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:34 pm
@Rossinna-Sama:
"Antimatter Burst Ammo - Increased Solution Tolerance to 180 from 90."
So with Solution Tolerance lower is better? Sniper gun has 5 Gauss Cannon has 3.
I thought the deviation was what affected the accuracy?
How does the solution tolerance work (I had guessed angle variation for some reason, so 90 Solution Tolerance meant to me it could shoot at 90 degrees, doh).
Solution tolerance is how far a weapon can deviate from a perfect shot. I suggest experimenting with HCL-type weapons in order to see it in person.

Essentially solution tolerance is how much the weapon can fire outside of the mount's firing arc. Setting a solution tolerance of 0 means that unless the turret and barrel are perfectly aligned with whatever the target is, it will not fire. Increasing the number allows the weapon to fire before the barrel is pointing directly at the target. Certain fixed weapons such as HCLs also use this in order to allow the beams to converge on the same target\spot depending on how high or low the number has been set.

An example would be setting Heavy Combat Lasers on a Liirian Blazer DN to 0, the beams will fire straight ahead from their mount and will not converge in the slightest. Some of the beams will not even fire in some cases. Setting it to 5 to 15 will allow every HCL to hit the exact same spot on a ship. I find the optimal number for most weapons is 5, as setting this number too high, especially for low rate of fire weapons, can cause the weapon to fire too early and miss.

Missiles tends to have it as 180 or 360 so they can fire regardless of where their mount\turret is pointing.

Deviation is exactly as it says on the tin - when any weapon barring an Emitter or Beam payload is fired, it comes out of the barrel at a random angle depending on what number you've set.

--------
Solution Tolerance 5

Solution Tolerance 0
Sword of the Stars 2 : Project Hiver Modder
Creator of the Work-In-Progress Seimei Visual Novel series.
My dream game: Combination of Sword of the Stars 2, Angels Fall First, Conquest: Frontier Wars and Warzone 2100.

Glabrezu

Post by Glabrezu » Tue Nov 05, 2019 3:33 pm

@Rossinna-Sama Ah, thank you kindly for that info :)

HellBent

Post by HellBent » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:17 pm

Is the google drive post on the previous page the current up to date version of this mod?
I downloaded SOTS2 again and this seemed the best patch to go to first as VAE is gone?

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:39 pm

VAE was a precursor to this mod (sort of). So yes, the Google drive link is the best version of this patch.
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

Glabrezu

Post by Glabrezu » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:59 pm

It might be easier if one of the makers puts the google link on the first page?

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:58 pm

Glabrezu wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:59 pm
If I can still edit posts that old, I'll do such. EDIT - done.

------------------

An update to Save our SOTS2 has been released. It is actually two versions ahead of the one previously released.
As usual, it can be found on my Google drive, since the forums have attachments disabled.

Due to some feedback, I have uploaded both a 7z and a normal zip version, both are identical barring the file type. I also changed the file names from using . to _ since this was apparently causing some issues.

Patch notes are as follows:

Code: Select all

SOS Update - RS - V2.1 14/11/2019

Merged SoS and PH's .dll files to ensure stability. (Done to ensure I did not miss anything.)
Removed PH economy changes from SoS's version of the .dll file.
Removed PH faction tech and weapon preferences from SoS's version of the .dll file.
Re-enabled trade AI for the SoS version of the .dll file.
Disabled Independants due to crash. (Crash is very random, you can re-enable independants in new games by replacing the 0 with a 1 in the CommonAssets file)

KNOWN BUGS:
Game creation sliders updated to new values, however does not work ingame as of yet. Research is underway to determine why. Default values remain in place.
Morrigi Colony Traps may cause a desync issue in MP matches. Unknown if this can be fixed - avoid using Colony Traps in MP if possible.

SoS Update - RS - V2 10/31/2019

Ripper - Increased cost from 200 to 2000
Ripper - Added Brawler tag
Blast Storm - Changed point blank, effective and max ranges so they are not all the same amount.

Fusion Burst Ammo - Rebalanced damage and range; Damage increases with distance.
Antimatter Burst Ammo - Aligned statistics with Fusion Burst Ammo. Range, Torpedo health and Damage increased over Fusion version.
Antimatter Burst Ammo - Assigned Antimatter sound effects instead of using Fusion sound effects.
Antimatter Burst Ammo - Increased Solution Tolerance to 180 from 90.

Antimatter Burst Torpedo - Aligned statistics with Fusion Burst Torpedo. Range, Torpedo and damage increased over Fusion version.
Antimatter Burst Torpedo - Assigned Antimatter sound effects instead of using Fusion sound effects.
Antimatter Burst Torpedo - Cost increased from 25000 to 35000 to ensure it isn't the same price as the Fusion version.

AI can now properly assign research goals and priorities to Shields, Rider and Cybernetic research trees instead of randomly blundering into them.
Ships using 'flyby' combat mode have more variance in how close and how far they are willing to pass their targets by. So far, this only impacts Solforce and sometimes the AI itself.
AI aggression and willingness to use its strike and invasion fleets increased yet again, hopefully this time it works as advertised.
AI has initial support for Interdiction mission but won't actually assign or build fleets for it yet (Interdiction is a WIP for me.)
AI is now more willing to engage in prolonged invasions of the same system
AI invasion ships can depending on the tactical situation split into multiple 'task forces' in order to assault multiple planets at the same time. Doesn't always do it however.
AI research spending readjusted so the max they can put towards it is 75% of their budget instead of 90%. 90% was not allowing enough of a surplus to afford PH Leviathans and the more fully-upgraded DNs.
I've tested it as much as I can considering what's going on behind the scenes; it has not crashed so far barring the independents.
For those concerned that PH changes have ruined the vanilla feel of SoS, don't worry. I took extra time today to ensure none of that snuck into the .dll which wasn't wanted. SoS will stay as vanilla as it can be.

As usual, any feedback is appreciated.
My dream game: Combination of Sword of the Stars 2, Angels Fall First, Conquest: Frontier Wars and Warzone 2100.

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:18 pm

Hey Rossina,

Thanks for your hard work as usual.

Just to clarify, the game creation sliders are the ones that determine research value and economy value etc.? Do they not work at all or do they not give the values that are stated? I just wanted to be clear so I know what I'm getting in my game.

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:20 pm

Slashman wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:18 pm
Hey Rossina,

Just to clarify, the game creation sliders are the ones that determine research value and economy value etc.? Do they not work at all or do they not give the values that are stated? I just wanted to be clear so I know what I'm getting in my game.
They work as if I didn't change anything, as the values seem to be coming from a different place all together. So you'll have the exact same as before. It is as if I didn't do anything, which is annoying.

EDIT - game creation sliders such as research rate, income rate, planet size, planet resources, starting treasury, max GMs and so on.

EDIT 2 - If I can't get them working, I'll reset that whole area back to default when the next version is made. TL:DR - has zero impact on new games at present.

Slashman

Post by Slashman » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:12 pm

Rossinna-Sama wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:20 pm
Slashman wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:18 pm
Hey Rossina,

They work as if I didn't change anything, as the values seem to be coming from a different place all together. So you'll have the exact same as before. It is as if I didn't do anything, which is annoying.

EDIT - game creation sliders such as research rate, income rate, planet size, planet resources, starting treasury, max GMs and so on.

EDIT 2 - If I can't get them working, I'll reset that whole area back to default when the next version is made. TL:DR - has zero impact on new games at present.
Ah OK. Cool!

Zerk

Post by Zerk » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:56 am

Rossinna-Sama wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:58 pm
...An update to Save our SOTS2 has been released. It is actually two versions ahead of the one previously released...
Can you post which parts of the .dll were changed since the last version? I'm creating my own mod on top of the SoS and would like to update it.

Glabrezu

Post by Glabrezu » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:23 am

Rossinna-Sama wrote:
Glabrezu wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:59 pm
If I can still edit posts that old, I'll do such. EDIT - done.

------------------
Yeh, I just saw this and was going to update my post :)
Thanks.

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:32 pm

Zerk wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:56 am
Rossinna-Sama wrote:
...An update to Save our SOTS2 has been released. It is actually two versions ahead of the one previously released...
Can you post which parts of the .dll were changed since the last version? I'm creating my own mod on top of the SoS and would like to update it.
I can't give an exact, no. The main parts which were edited were the StrategicAI, DesignLab and CombatAI. However I can't guarantee other things got changed in other files, due to how scattered everything is.

Araulius

Post by Araulius » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:54 am

Hello! I am new to modding SotS in general, and this fourm, and I just have a couple of questions. First, how is installation of a mod done? Is it included in a readme? Second, is the a.i. mod that Rossina is working on a seperate/private mod at the moment?

Return to “Modding”