Project Hiver: Beta Release

Moderator: Makail

BlueInstinct

Re: Project Hiver: Beta Release

Post by BlueInstinct » Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:05 am

very nice suming up.
The crash you mentioned could be because i altered the Dn command limit .. :)
I should have mentioned that before you dig in, but i was too much in a hurry and forgot abot it. Iam sorry
SO i edited the DN C&C section and DN flagship section and increased the command points.

If thats whats causing the issue with the AI, than iam really biting myself in the ass..... :/

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Sat Feb 01, 2020 12:50 pm

The crash was due to a missing section. Problem is, even with dev mode, the game doesn't tell me what was actually missing. It is in the Scavenger class according to the design log, but it doesn't tell me what section it was trying to make. I've manually made every section in game appear and nothing crashed.

So no, changing fleet limits wouldn't have crashed your game. From what I saw from both AI viewpoints, they were more focused on war with each other than with you but if they were not able to build scavenger sections, their invasion ability would have been hit hard.

Also, it isn't even turn 50 and the AI's are building DNs. I think that's proof of what PH can do. :lol:
Sword of the Stars 2 : Project Hiver Modder
Creator of the Work-In-Progress Seimei Visual Novel series.
My dream game: Combination of Sword of the Stars 2, Angels Fall First, Conquest: Frontier Wars and Warzone 2100.

BlueInstinct

Post by BlueInstinct » Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:39 pm

Hi, so the AI's are fighting each other? I have not looked at their fiews but i set them to be in the same team..... From your experience is the AI team capable?
My Solforece ally seemed to behave well, he just got overrun by the zuul fast. both of them attacked him constantly.
Everybody was starting with alot of systems in this game as i wanted to see conflict fast.
I will start a new game with only a single AI opponent and see if it will actually go ahead and finish me off.

I remeber that the SoS version the singele AI just stopped attacking even though it had massive ammounts of ships and clearly the upper hand...
Well, i really apreciate all your effort, i will report from my new game as soon i haveit running.

cheers

edit.: also, my game didnt crash once so far...

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:23 am

Ehh. No, the AI can't fight each other if they are on a team. Was only looking at the logs for that part.
That means that their aggression isn't high enough then since there was quite a few idle fleets. Which shouldn't be happening anymore. What's the word for this situation... hashtag sigh? :(
My dream game: Combination of Sword of the Stars 2, Angels Fall First, Conquest: Frontier Wars and Warzone 2100.

BlueInstinct

Post by BlueInstinct » Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:17 pm

Thats exactly my impression, they have enough idle fleets, just a few turns ago i saw a full invasion fleet beeing removed from a front planet that would have been ideal to launch an invasion from.... The thing is, the did start very agressively, and killed of one of my fully developed worlds with 2 successive attacks within just 3 turns, bringing in assault shuttles the second time.... They also killed of my Solforce allie with relenteless agression..

They just decide to stop at some point. Its like something is triggering.... and i have a feeling that its not even PH or SoS related... pure speculation here .... Its just the same behavior i get from sots2 since a very very very long time....

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:50 pm

There has to be a reason. If I was better at coding, fairly positive it'd be much clearer to me. But there must be something about either the fleet assignment logic or the invasion logic itself that's causing the AI to, well, stop being so aggressive as time goes on.

Which is weird since I've had matches go to turn 200 on Jax and the center of the map can't be colonized since anyone who gets a colony there gets invaded by every AI at the same time. It is possible it is a problem with the fact that Zuul isn't finished yet, but full idle fleets shouldn't really be happening.

Will find out eventually why this is.

BlueInstinct

Post by BlueInstinct » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:26 pm

Sounds reasonable, its very uplifting to hear that that you had matches go to turn 200 with constant AI agrassion,
Maybe its the map choice somehow. I always play on small disc or Duel.
I will try Jax next :)

cheers

renyaoqin

Post by renyaoqin » Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:15 am

Hi Rossinna,

Really thank you for making this great mod and keeps brings me back with those good screenshots!

A small typo here: Industrial Peacemonger government type -> description -> should be "Guarantee" instead of "Gaurantee".

Also, LOA extended range mission section is missing some files in original games causing CTD during missile testing. But indeed is a good non-combat survey ship.

BTW, in terms of survey speed, which attribute will influence it the most? So far I could think it should be "TacticalSensorRange". That's why in the original game, I normally morph to scout BR Fleet for survey mission.

Feb 06: weapon bank(the bottom one) <Id>1983c4ae-41bb-47b6-b2ff-a6665e3250f4</Id> for loa barrage/battle section should be light mount instead of medium mount. Missile cmd section needs to be cheaper than turrent cmd section.

Talverin

Post by Talverin » Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:52 am

So, I think the Tarkas might still be in test mode... When I started a playthrough (150% Science & Income out of habit) my... income is ~600m/turn with only my three starting colonies. I wasn't sure if that might be a glitch with the 150% economy, or if there was some leftover script from their creation.

Aside from that, the Tarka-specific sections are really neat. Their use of Living Steel, Energizers, and emphasis on high-speed high-firepower ships is a really fun combo!

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:10 am

As stated, some of the factions have the extra income and research faction files included by accident. That has been fixed for the next upload.

Anyway. I'll take a look at the Loa extended range section. Survey speed isn't determined by ship stats, only the number of them in a fleet and whether or not the ship has the Deep Scan section\attribute assigned to it. Solforce's starting designs for their Exploration ship have the Deep Scan section selected by default.

As for the rest, I'll take a look when able. Things ain't going well on my end, and its impacting a lot of things; PH included.

Talverin

Post by Talverin » Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:26 pm

Take your time! I missed that bit about some of them having the extra income files.. But, well, I'm sure getting to test a lot of things in a hurry!

Is there anything in particular you're looking for, feedback-wise?

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:15 am

Fixed the Loa extended range section crash. It'll be there for the next upload - when my net can stay stable longer than a few minutes at a time.
Marked down the other comments for the Loa to be fixed when I next do a pass on them.

Mostly, any feedback on Solforce would be the most helpful since they are the most complete as far as I can tell. Next, would be the Liirian Crusade and then your choice of Loa or Zuul.

Feedback on weapons is also appreciated. While I'm not terribly interested in balance issues unless its game-breaking or uncounterable, weapons that never get used or seem to not have any real point or role to them are things I'd be highly interested in hearing about. Examples of this are the cannon line weapons, especially the anti-colony ones.

Always open to suggestions on basically anything. There's still a lot to get done.

PS. I'd love to see some screenshots of PH from other people. ;p

EDIT: After running some simulations of Zuul AI's early game, I made a few notes. They were not surveying and their invasion forces were almost all survey fleets instead of actual invasion fleets. I've got a test match running right now to see if I can solve that, as I changed a few things around. Should hopefully fix their early aggression and expansion.

Return to “Modding”