Please Read Before Posting - Appropriate Behaviour

Moderator: Makail

rimbimbambo
Kerberos

Please Read Before Posting - Appropriate Behaviour

Post by rimbimbambo » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:54 pm

Be aware that by entering this forum and posting here that you are likely modifying or planning to modify a product that everyone at kerberos has worked VERY HARD ON.

Please take an extra read over your posts to avoid any negativity in your vocabulary about things that annoy you or things that you feel are not correct.

We will not tolerate posts or comments of a condescending nature and you will likely lose any possibility of help or responses to your questions.

Also please be patient - I have volunteered to monitor the modding section because I worked on most of the tools - However, the tools are not the only thing I've worked on with this project, and more often then not, I need time to focus on other things. I will get to your questions when I have time.

Cheers everyone - stay positive.

GammaPaladin
Cassandra

Re: Please Read Before Posting - Appropriate Behaviour

Post by GammaPaladin » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:13 pm

This thread should be stickied :D

Also, thanks for taking the time to answer our questions man. I realize we're basically just hacking in mods in an unsupported manner right now, so it's cool that you guys even bother :)

rimbimbambo
Kerberos

Post by rimbimbambo » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:19 pm

Heh, yeah it will be as well as the strat mods thread - just waiting for permissions to be updated.

cooptimo

Post by cooptimo » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:42 pm

Suggested commandments for Mods and Modders

1) Thou shalt remember that mods are tinkering and you might break something.

2) Thou shall not whine when the mod breaks something else.

3) Thou shalt not post technical problems related to mods anywhere but in the mods forum.

4) Thou shalt remember when one has put in mods (see commandments 2 and 3)

5) Thou shalt always remember that modding is about matters of taste and not good and evil.

6) Thou shalt remember that modding the game to make it easier does not make you an awesome player.

7) Thou shalt always remember that the AI is often built around a certain set of rules and it might act in unpredictable or game breaking ways when you mod.

8) Thou shalt not offer mods as a solution to other game issues in other forums.

9) Always obey Wil Wheaton's law and keep it holy.

10) In the end always give thanks for the ability to mod, for it is not something that comes free and easy for the great creators.

Ramen!

Crabeman

Post by Crabeman » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:55 pm

Hello, sorry to bother you about this Rimbimbambo but are those tools for SotS2 you mentioned going to be released?
I mean the ones mentioned here at http://sots2.rorschach.net/Modding
The link seems to be dead on my end, but some sort of ETA, or even as sad as it would be, final closure on whether or not we will ever get those tools would be very nice.

Thankyou very much for your time.

Return to “Modding”