Modding Picture of the day...

Moderator: Makail

ProjectLevyDelta

Re: Modding Picture of the day.

Post by ProjectLevyDelta » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:29 pm

Took torp sata swapped torp weapon with boarding pods and swapped medium mounts and large and small mounts with medium :lol:

Exavier724

Post by Exavier724 » Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:08 pm

Levy would it be possible for me to get a copy of the code for your Projectors? For some reason I keep breaking the game with mine... Which probobly means I am doing something stupid and need the obvious pointed out to me lol. Am curious to see what you did differently from me.

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:50 am

Mind if I join in? Being modding the game since launch.

Granted the next patch will probably break most of my work, but can always start again.

This is a "new" phaser, designed to use three barrels. Tradeoff is that it needs a Very Heavy mount and typically isn't as strong as other VH weapons, but it does fire faster and gives you more options if you didn't get the tech you wanted.

An experiment with the hiver LV, those are all Super Heavy mounts.

Another experiment, a Solforce LV with Projector mounts. These projectors can also fit HCL weapons and direct-fire torpedoes.

I'd put more up, but I don't think anyone would like the bandwidth these pictures require all over the page. You can see more of my fiddling and other screenshots by clicking my signature, it'll take you to my steam profile so you can view the rest if you so desire.
Sword of the Stars 2 : Project Hiver Modder
Creator of the Work-In-Progress Seimei Visual Novel series.
My dream game: Combination of Sword of the Stars 2, Angels Fall First, Conquest: Frontier Wars and Warzone 2100.

the202

Post by the202 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:09 am

Could you upload these please? I would like to try them out.

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:22 pm

the202 wrote:Could you upload these please? I would like to try them out.

The only one I feel comfortable releasing is the Tri-barrel phaser. Isn't there supposed to be a patch coming out soonish? I'm waiting for that before I remake my stuff so it doesn't all break the game.

This said, it isn't perfectly balanced. Knowing my luck, it is OP as heck. Its hard to balance a weapon when you can't really see its effects without expensive testing in actual combat. I do not know if it works multiplayer.

http://www.a0dga.com/Rossinna/Bem_TriPhaser.weapon

Just plop that into your Base\Weapons folder, and it will show up ingame as long as you have something that has Very Heavy mounts, and you have Phaser researched. It doesn't have localization, as that is a separate file. Feel free to edit it to your whims.

PS. That is my personal webhost, so don't mind the link.
My dream game: Combination of Sword of the Stars 2, Angels Fall First, Conquest: Frontier Wars and Warzone 2100.

Exavier724

Post by Exavier724 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:38 pm

Yea the lack of proper mod folder structure & hooking (or whatever term you want to use for hooking in modding changes) like SOTS Prime its the big reason why you don't see many of the mods people have been playing with released. Every patch we pretty much have to start from scratch or make sure to update the new files if Kerberos changed something in a file we modified.

ProjectLevyDelta

Post by ProjectLevyDelta » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:40 pm

I don't exactly remember when, but weapons and ship sections have not been patched for a good month or so, and I don't think they will be making changes to turrets or weapons. So, any mod that just involves weapons and ship sections should be fine.

Although it be much easier just to make new section files instead of copying over old ones, in which case only thing you will ever have to change is the weapon itself, unless you make new ones of these as well. Don't know if their is a weapon.xml file that lists all the weapons though, so can't say.

Exavier724 wrote:Yea the lack of proper mod folder structure & hooking (or whatever term you want to use for hooking in modding changes) like SOTS Prime its the big reason why you don't see many of the mods people have been playing with released. Every patch we pretty much have to start from scratch or make sure to update the new files if Kerberos changed something in a file we modified.

well my mod is somewhat solid, just haven't released it because I can't add new stations yet :(

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:00 am

And I say... GET BACK ON THE FRONT PAGE!!!!! I'm not done with this thread!

Right.

Default colors.

My custom colors. May replace teal with purple, not sure yet.

Loa using my 0,0,0 RGB color.

Ingame results of the 0,0,0 on Loa.

Ingame results of a 0,0,0 Loa station.

Alehandr WS

Post by Alehandr WS » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:25 pm

Rossinna-Sama wrote:Image
Ingame results of the 0,0,0 on Loa.

Hmmm...
Make the base texture to look more metallic, and this will look awful lot like Seraphim units from Supreme Commander Forged alliance.

Naja
Doomsayer

Post by Naja » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:13 pm

Does changing the empire colors also change the strategic map colors? Black would be an awfully difficult color to see on a starmap.

That's why I really wish it was possible to either edit ship textures like in SOTS1, or to somehow separately edit ship colors.

Kohlrabi

Post by Kohlrabi » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:56 pm

It does.

Which detracts a little from the awesomeness of black ships.
Dark-dark grey works a little better.
Hiver Psychoanalyst: So... tell me about our mother.

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:05 pm

Once the modding tools come out, you'll be able to solve that as that info is within the Material~ file.

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:25 pm

A sneak peak of some of the new stuff in Project Hiver.

Loa version - naturally.

This is the "New" Super LV for the Loa. Nothing but Super Heavy mounts. The cost to field this thing though is... well, hefty, to say the least.

The Super LV.

Firing Cutting Beams.

Firing Impactors.

DeKa

Post by DeKa » Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:55 am

super heavy turrets are just sexy, dual mounted guns on external systems. i always wanted to have normal turrets to look like this...
especialy those very nice looking heavy beam turrets on sol-force ships, there should be a tech to get those turrets for normal turrets (and therefore for normal weapons)

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:59 am

And its on page 2 again. Not anymore, back on the front for you!

Man, I really need to get back to work on Project Hiver... :?

Anywho.

This is the Solforce Mining ship. No, its not mine. It is in the game files but I believe it was disabled due to a crash or missing feature... or something.

I might be re-purposing these ships in my mod when I get time. The crushers on the side are fully animated as well.

And the ones for the other factions:

Loa

Tarkas

Zuul

Morrigi

Liir

Hiver

Return to “Modding”