Making platforms (and other defenses) useful.

Moderator: Makail

Railgun

Making platforms (and other defenses) useful.

Post by Railgun » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:45 pm

Hi all,

I'm thinking of creating a mod that will make (non-rider) platforms much more useable than they are now. It looks like torpedo platforms and drone platform really need some love...

I'm asking experienced modders to give me advice related to this problem, so I may proceed with making the game more to my taste (and of course releasing the mod for anyone who shares my concerns...)

I see two ways of doing this: either massively increasing the power and resilience of each platform (perhaps increasing its CP cost as well), or reducing the size of each system 'sector' so that their fire overlaps more.

Is there a way to do either of these things without messing with models or textures (something I have no talent for), or can I manage with editing/coding? How would you suggest I proceed?

I'm also thinking of reducing the CP cost of SDBs; 6 points is a bit much for something with just slightly more power than a rider. How can I do this?

rimbimbambo
Kerberos

Re: Making platforms (and other defenses) useful.

Post by rimbimbambo » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:39 pm

Changing the CP cost should be easy - Just modify the SDB ship file. (I think it's command points and I'm pretty sure we are pulling those values from the ship files).

The only other things I could suggest are to maybe change the sizes of the existing mounts, but you might run into crashes if the model nodes aren't set up right.

The system sizes are hardcoded (I believe).... and the other options would require some modeling and tool stuff.

Return to “Modding”