Tactical Combat Mod (AKA Slow Combat)

Moderator: Makail

LaDoncella

Tactical Combat Mod (AKA Slow Combat)

Post by LaDoncella » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:15 pm

Found this interesting mod in paradox forum by mixedupjim

Aim of this Mod
This mod was created out of my desire to slow down real time combat so I could micro manage my fleets more easliy and make use of the fact that each ship has left, right, top & bottom armour values for each section. In its vanilla flavour, SotS2 combat seemed to happen too quickly to be able to effectively make use of this new feature. What I was after was something more akin to a WW2 surface fleet encounter where positioning your ship in relation the the enemy was just as important as how many guns you had.

zaknafein

Re: Tactical Combat Mod (AKA Slow Combat)

Post by zaknafein » Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:19 pm

good find, will try this :) I was thinking a lot about how the ships turn/move too quickly for my taste, was gonna post it in suggestions forum once all of the missing features/techs are implemented (so as not to pester the devs too much with this kind of stuff),

ProjectLevyDelta

Post by ProjectLevyDelta » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:48 pm

Tried it and felt it slowed combat down to much . . . I stick with the way everything is now. I am sure devs will change speeds and turning rates for both ships and turrets once the game is 1.0 status 8)

It good if you want the combat to be really slow. . personally for me I like the 4min counter so I cant have combat slow ;) (would make my youtube videos way to long)

zaknafein

Post by zaknafein » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:12 am

ProjectLevyDelta wrote:Tried it and felt it slowed combat down to much . . . I stick with the way everything is now. I am sure devs will change speeds and turning rates for both ships and turrets once the game is 1.0 status 8)

It good if you want the combat to be really slow. . personally for me I like the 4min counter so I cant have combat slow ;) (would make my youtube videos way to long)

Having tried it, I think you're right that's too much slowdown, will wait for the official speed/turning adjustments.

Return to “Modding”