ManagedCache needs tweaking - it installs and seems to run, but I wouldn't recommend using it until I've verified that its fully compatible with 2.0.24917.1
IMPORTANT: Should you encounter problems with SOTS2 while running SOTSOS - do test without SOTSOS (preferably with clean game), before reporting any issues to Kerberos.
Do use https://github.com/nugarin/sotsos/issues for reporting and tracking bugs in the mod and any side-effects.
SOTSOS is known to break MP - will find out what is happening and solve it when I get time - running low on beer-money at the moment, so sotsos is not getting much love right now.
General improvements and speed-ups to the game.
More responsive UI and about 1/3 faster turn times (tested with 400 star systems/7 players @ turn ~300) - last checked with 2.0.24759.8, needs verifying with current version.
Current version is 0.3 build 9 - supports 2.0.24917.1
Screenshot of a modded admiral manager UI - viewtopic.php?f=39&t=40697#p477443
Goals of the project are
- General speed-up of the game
- Advanced hooks for modding.
- Agile temporary workarounds for vanilla issues
- AI customisation
- Advanced empire management
- Managed cache
- Faster game experience - especially noticeable with station list/tech tree/empire summary screen - not verified with latest version
- Fully externalised patch-definitions - everyone with IL Spy and a text editor can now write patches:)
- CIL/xml patcher and its GUI.
- Pimped up admiral selection screen - more admirals on screen + filtering by traits.
- Enable very hard AI difficulty
- Refresh "turns left to finish the build order" number on the star system when fiddling with teh production sliders.
- Empire management grid for trade/production and ship construction
- Instant station-list/tech tree node selection in the late game
- Better installer with less hard-coding.
- Optimised station list handling
- CLI for the patching engine
- Rally point functionality for the newly built ships - automatic caravan fleet construction
- Continue speeding up the game
- Custom UI-s for managing the empire (BuShips, BuPers, BuPlan)
- AI customisation.
- Support full CIL instruction-set
Source code and binaries are available @ https://github.com/nugarin/sotsos
People with coding experience are welcome to fork the code and send me their pull-requests.