Moderator: Makail

nugarin

Re: SOTSOS v0.1.3 - eliminates most UI lag

Post by nugarin » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:46 pm

sotsos v0.1.4 now compatible with sots2 2.0.24759.1

cooptimo

Instillation questions

Post by cooptimo » Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:51 pm

Okay, again confessing my lack of skill and understanding.

When I attempt to install the sotsos mod, I seem to be doing something wrong and perhaps I'm misunderstanding tithe instructions. I download the entire master file to my downloads directory. I go into the release version, updated a few minutes ago. I use the msi installer and all seems well. But when the installer finishes and I've selected the "run patcher" box, nothing happens. When I attempt to run the GUI patcher, again nothing happens. When I try to run the solos executable that has appeared in my start menu, nothing happens. is this me misunderstanding the instructions? Is this my machine just being an outlier? Thanks for the time and effort.

nugarin

Re: Instillation questions

Post by nugarin » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:07 pm

cooptimo wrote:Okay, again confessing my lack of skill and understanding.

When I attempt to install the sotsos mod, I seem to be doing something wrong and perhaps I'm misunderstanding tithe instructions. I download the entire master file to my downloads directory. I go into the release version, updated a few minutes ago. I use the msi installer and all seems well. But when the installer finishes and I've selected the "run patcher" box, nothing happens. When I attempt to run the GUI patcher, again nothing happens. When I try to run the solos executable that has appeared in my start menu, nothing happens. is this me misunderstanding the instructions? Is this my machine just being an outlier? Thanks for the time and effort.

Hi cooptimo,
How is El Presidente?
Not sure what is happening, versions before v0.1.3 had an issue where the installer did not report to the user that it needs .net 4.5 to run.
Do you have .net 4.5 installed? I have created a new bug report for this issue - you can check on it from this link - https://github.com/nugarin/sotsos/issues/6

Installation instructions are available here - https://github.com/nugarin/sotsos/wiki/Installation
Msi file is the only thing that is needed, unless you want to compile sotsos yourself of course.

Cheers,
nugarin

mikhailincali

Re: SOTSOS v0.1.8 - eliminates most UI lag

Post by mikhailincali » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:59 am

Just installed.

Causes crash on game creation, loading, etc.

Cant get past main screen.

will send logs in a bit if it persists.

nugarin

Post by nugarin » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:10 am

mikhailincali wrote:Just installed.

Causes crash on game creation, loading, etc.

Cant get past main screen.

will send logs in a bit if it persists.

Did you use patcher to apply the patches?

mikhailincali

Post by mikhailincali » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:46 pm

Yes. After reading more of the thread, appears to be the hiver issue. Will retry tonight, or post logs to git hub

mikhailincali

Re: SOTSOS v0.1.9 - eliminates most UI lag

Post by mikhailincali » Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:58 pm

Here is the dump file.

mikhailincali

Re: SOTSOS v0.1.9 - eliminates most UI lag

Post by mikhailincali » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:01 pm

Applied new managed explorables as suggested, seems to be fixed.

Superbun270

Re: SOTSOS v0.1.12 - eliminates most of the UI lag

Post by Superbun270 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:12 pm

I imagine there isn't, but is there a nicer way to update than having to uninstall, restore the original files then redownload the mod and install it again? Maybe you could implement something to make updating easier into the patcher?

P.S. The SOTSOS button in the Strategic view doesn't seem to do anything, and it's icon is out of line

nugarin

Re: SOTSOS v0.1.12 - eliminates most of the UI lag

Post by nugarin » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:33 pm

Superbun270 wrote:I imagine there isn't, but is there a nicer way to update than having to uninstall, restore the original files then redownload the mod and install it again? Maybe you could implement something to make updating easier into the patcher?

P.S. The SOTSOS button in the Strategic view doesn't seem to do anything, and it's icon is out of line

Planning to improve the installer, but it's been a while since I last used the Wix toolset and getting proper msi updates working is not trivial - will get around to it some day.

There is a manual process that might be a bit more convenient

1)Use patcher to remove all patches
2)Close patcher
3)Download contents of Release folder into the sotsos installation folder, overwriting the old files (can skip the ones that have not been modified)
4)Copy new sots2_managed.Explorables.dll, sotsos.gui.dll and sqlite3.dll into sots2 bin\x86 folder
5)Reapply the patches with a new patcher gui executable.

Button is out of line because it's a test and all it should be doing is to pop up a sample screen, which is nothing more than column headers with words "test" - no functionality there yet.

However, fact that the button doesn't do anything means that you have not applied the patches, so sotsos is inactive - have you run the patcher gui and used it to apply the patches?

Cheers,
Nugarin

P.S. Updated to 0.1.14 - addresses a cache contamination issue from save game screen.

War1910

Re: SOTSOS v0.1.17 - eliminates most of the UI lag

Post by War1910 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:00 am

I'm having issues installing the CacheHooks enhancement - it comes up with the error:

Code: Select all

ApplyPatches error Instruction count(24) in the target method System.Int32 Kerberos.Sots.Data.GameDatabase::GetLastTurnExploredByPlayer(System.Int32,System.Int32)  does not match the expected count 15

is there something I'm doing wrong?
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure...

nugarin

Re: SOTSOS v0.1.17 - eliminates most of the UI lag

Post by nugarin » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:54 am

War1910 wrote:I'm having issues installing the CacheHooks enhancement - it comes up with the error:

Code: Select all

ApplyPatches error Instruction count(24) in the target method System.Int32 Kerberos.Sots.Data.GameDatabase::GetLastTurnExploredByPlayer(System.Int32,System.Int32)  does not match the expected count 15

is there something I'm doing wrong?

Sots 2 was just updated and that method got changed - you ran into a sanity check. Download the new sotsos - version v0.2.1

nugarin

Re: SOTSOS v0.3.7 - speeds up UI and turns

Post by nugarin » Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:50 am

wooohooo, compatible without changes:D

nugarin

Re: SOTSOS v0.3.7 - speeds up UI and turns

Post by nugarin » Tue Feb 05, 2013 7:14 am

Need help with analysing and flattening weapon_instances, section_instances, module_instances tables - these are major causes of slow game in the large maps/later turns.

nightboy42

Re: SOTSOS v0.3.8 - speeds up UI and turns

Post by nightboy42 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:41 am

That moment when a modder needs to fix the core game that he is trying to mod :P Great work! Might actually try the second one again...

Return to “Modding”