SOTSOS v0.3.9 - speeds up UI and turns

Moderator: Makail

ForesterSOF

Re: SOTSOS v0.3.9 - speeds up UI and turns

Post by ForesterSOF » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:41 pm

I tried to install but it want windows installer.
I do not see that service listed in the services.
Other programs install fine.

ForesterSOF

Post by ForesterSOF » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:30 pm

Do not know why buy iy installed and the files updated fine.

ForesterSOF

Post by ForesterSOF » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:51 pm

In the Admiral Sort works but filter, idle and good seem to not.
What am I doing wrong or is another program needed.

shadow wolf

Post by shadow wolf » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:30 pm

Will be compatible with v. 2.0.25003.9?

silentsnack

Post by silentsnack » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:30 am

Been trying to figure out how to get the FleetManager screen to display in the pre-combat setup (tired of Loa blobs torpedoing their own CNC) and from the looks of it this can't be done with XML-splicing alone. Working on learning to coder but that might take a while.

Looked through your code quite a bit and CP'd the admiralManager which looks good (except as Forester mentioned the filter doesn't work) and I'd wonder if the sotsos injector could handle whatever hooks necessary to make this change possible. In general it would be nice to have simplified versions of the shipbuilding screen, such as a popup on the starmap, maybe even from the context menu. Seems like a lot of interface slowdown occurs when changing screens (starmap,shipyard,design,research,empire/govt) so avoiding the transitions might help the speed aspect with less need for heavy coding.

In other news...

While experimenting on the UI files, I discovered the source of a minor (vanilla sots2 v0.10) glitch that has been around a long time. The Station Manager opens it briefly shows a weird textblock that doesn't make any sense. The panel as shown is visible after the window pops up but before the actual stations load and the text gets replaced.

shadow wolf

Post by shadow wolf » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:43 pm

silentsnack wrote:Looked through your code quite a bit and CP'd the admiralManager which looks good (except as Forester mentioned the filter doesn't work) and I'd wonder if the sotsos injector could handle whatever hooks necessary to make this change possible. In general it would be nice to have simplified versions of the shipbuilding screen, such as a popup on the starmap, maybe even from the context menu. Seems like a lot of interface slowdown occurs when changing screens (starmap,shipyard,design,research,empire/govt) so avoiding the transitions might help the speed aspect with less need for heavy coding.

To offer it here:
viewforum.php?f=39
In my game needs to "ease of switching between menus". That is that the transitions from the menu on the menu were easier and faster. You did it offer?

silentsnack

Post by silentsnack » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:10 pm

shadow wolf wrote:
silentsnack wrote:Looked through your code quite a bit and CP'd the admiralManager which looks good (except as Forester mentioned the filter doesn't work) and I'd wonder if the sotsos injector could handle whatever hooks necessary to make this change possible. In general it would be nice to have simplified versions of the shipbuilding screen, such as a popup on the starmap, maybe even from the context menu. Seems like a lot of interface slowdown occurs when changing screens (starmap,shipyard,design,research,empire/govt) so avoiding the transitions might help the speed aspect with less need for heavy coding.

To offer it here:
http://www.kerberos-productions.com/for ... m.php?f=39
In my game needs to "ease of switching between menus". That is that the transitions from the menu on the menu were easier and faster. You did it offer?

Have not (yet) posted the ideas in the suggestions forum because most of this was when working on no sleep and I try not to sound like an insane hobo when the subject might otherwise be taken seriously.

lordfrankoo

Post by lordfrankoo » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:22 pm

Great work man , Great work .

Little advise - Try removing all things related to inserts in queue_history table it will speed up DB greatly, cause there are things as SQLite locking itself on every insert and there are a lot inserts running in this table (full SQLcommand loging of the game for the last few turns- over 5000 rows per turn in early game (for me turn 17) later it gets worse and sometimes the strings are quite long ;) )

shadow wolf

Post by shadow wolf » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:23 pm

lordfrankoo wrote:Great work man , Great work .

Little advise - Try removing all things related to inserts in queue_history table it will speed up DB greatly, cause there are things as SQLite locking itself on every insert and there are a lot inserts running in this table (full SQLcommand loging of the game for the last few turns- over 5000 rows per turn in early game (for me turn 17) later it gets worse and sometimes the strings are quite long ;) )

It may be advisable under Support? May be able to help everyone?

lordfrankoo

Post by lordfrankoo » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:50 am

shadow wolf wrote:
lordfrankoo wrote:Great work man , Great work .

It may be advisable under Support? May be able to help everyone?

After some discussions on support pages and general discussions. I decided never ever to post anything in these forums about SQL databases or programming. I only post when i find good things in modding forum. Thanks and happy holidays

GammaPaladin
Cassandra

Post by GammaPaladin » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:40 pm

Unfortunately, I have a problem installing this. From what I can tell, it automatically determines the location of your SotS II install and installs there, however, my SotS II is not installed under my primary Steam install (C:\Games\Steam\), but rather in a Steam Library on my D: drive. So this mod attempts to install to "C:\Games\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Sword of the Stars II\" but it should be installing to "D:\Games\SteamLibrary\Steamapps\Common\Sword of the Stars II\"

EDIT: Luckily I was able to work around this by creating a symlink in C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\" to point at the proper directory, but it's probably something that should be accounted for in the installer, regardless.

EDIT 2: Though it seems the patcher doesn't work anyway. Looking back at the OP more carefully I guess this isn't compatible with the current SotS 2 release? Oh well.

lordfrankoo

Post by lordfrankoo » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:27 pm

I noticed something :)
Recently i tried again SOTS for a few turns : After reinstalling OS in SSD drive.
No lag at ui screens , turn times are a lot faster too , game is installed on normal HDD tought...

fighting Programming with hardware....

ProjectLevyDelta

Post by ProjectLevyDelta » Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:49 pm

lordfrankoo wrote:I noticed something :)
Recently i tried again SOTS for a few turns : After reinstalling OS in SSD drive.
No lag at ui screens , turn times are a lot faster too , game is installed on normal HDD tought...

fighting Programming with hardware....

Yea running the game on a Ram Disc gives you a performance boost as well.

Drakeo

Post by Drakeo » Mon May 12, 2014 9:53 am

I been reading this thread and was wondering if this mod is still being worked on? As the wish list looks very nice.

Is it also now working in the latest patch of sots2? As first patch is very confusing...

ManagedCache needs tweaking - it installs and seems to run, but I wouldn't recommend using it until I've verified that its fully compatible with 2.0.24917.1

Current version is 0.3 build 9 - supports 2.0.24917.1

Many thanks

randommonicle

Post by randommonicle » Thu May 15, 2014 1:21 am

Hello,

I too would just like to know if this is still being worked on? :) Got an error when using the path gui, something about xml targets being void? But the admiral GUI is brilliant :) so thanks for the work.
johnnyrebb wrote:I giggity'd my wife and Made a whole new person

Return to “Modding”