I am reserving several posts in this thread's first page so that I can update it with any new information that becomes available. Modders are welcome to reply to this thread with any additions or corrections they believe should be added or updated.
- Advertising mods outside the modding community is generally frowned upon.
- Creating/Promoting mods as bugfixs are forwned upon and only causes problems later down the line. Please leave any bug fixes to the Kerberos Development Teams.
- If bugs are found during modding please attempt to recreate them in a modless enviroment and report in Technical Support forum.
- Negitive comments directed at the Kerberos Development Team is considered in bad taste and may get your thread locked. They work hard on their projects and don't need the aggravation these cause.
- Don't use work from other modders without getting their permission first. It only ends in massive arguments.
- Mars Console Commands
- Other Tools Not Currently Avalible, no ETA
- Sots2 Wiki Modding Section
- Galaxy Generator - Daequeous
- File Formats Discussion
- Jonesoft Generic Mod enabler (JSGME) - Alternate Mod Enabler Utility
Editable File Types:
- The following file types can be edited with any text editor (Notepad, Notepad++, etc).
- *.xml, *.techtree, *.section, *.module, *.weapon
- All file types that end with a ~ are encrypted through Kerberos's pipeline process and cannot currently be edited.
- Camera Position, AI, & UI IDs are all hard coded per most recent information.
- Defense Assets: New Defense assets cannot currently be added to the Battle Manager defense bar.
- Station Modules: While you can create station modules we currently can't modify the UI to make them avalible for construction on stations.
- Tech Tree: New techs cannot be added to the tech trees until the ~ files can be edited.
- Mining Ship Sections: Per request from Mecron we have been asked not to use these in mods. Kerberos has plans for them.