Star System Generation Mod [V1]

Moderator: Makail

Karu

Re: Star System Generation Mod [V1]

Post by Karu » Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:34 pm

Just a bumb as a friendly reminder for Rossinna-Sama to add this little mod to the Mod overview :)

Sincerly

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:53 am

Karu wrote:Just a bumb as a friendly reminder for Rossinna-Sama to add this little mod to the Mod overview :)

Sincerly

Added, as well as a few other things. I'll see about updating this when I can, as its kinda useful. ;)
Sword of the Stars 2 : Project Hiver - work in progress
Sword of the Stars 2 : Vanilla AI Enhancement Mod - Alpha Version 6 now Available.
Creator of the upcoming Seimei universe.

kreissig

Post by kreissig » Mon May 29, 2017 5:57 pm

I'm currently playing with the "Refordged" mod, but I'm very interested in the completely random system generation you present in your mod here.

1. Can I play with this mod and that enabled together?
2. Is this mod compatible with JSGME?
3. Could you let me know what setting I could change to generate the "completely random" effect?

Thanks for the work you do.

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Mon May 29, 2017 11:06 pm

If I recall correctly, the completely random file listed in the OP sets everything which doesn't crash the game to either a flat 1 or an even number with all other entries. (like say, 20 for 5 entries which total to 100.)

It should work with the reforged mod - it just depends on if Adamut has changed the StarSystemsVar or not. If so, you'll have to decide which one you wish to use.

As for JSGME, I don't use it so it probably isn't. I've kept the file structure that Kerberos had so any mod of mine is merely a case of copying stuff into\over the originals.
There's no reason why it couldn't be altered to work with it, but it isn't something I'm willing to do, sorry.

On the previous page by the way is a large post of mine detailing what everything this file does. It's also on the SOTS2 Wiki, if that site still works.

PS. All of my "creations" are "free" due to my views on modding - this is all Kerbs stuff after all. So if you want to take this file and package it so it can work with JSGME, feel free.
Sword of the Stars 2 : Project Hiver - work in progress
Sword of the Stars 2 : Vanilla AI Enhancement Mod - Alpha Version 6 now Available.
Creator of the upcoming Seimei universe.

Return to “Modding”