SOTS II Reforged

Moderator: Makail

Svey

Re: SOTS II Reforged

Post by Svey » Fri May 12, 2017 3:00 am

All of them. I just tested Loa and Zuul to make sure it wasn't just the Races you have changed. Map wise, 4p Cross (yours), 4p Altias, and 8p Rift, certainly not a supply issue as the starter systems they were colonizing and building stations at are roughly the same distance or closer than the un-surveyed ones. Also, just tested with the mod disabled and it's happening there now as well, clean and retest. I'll let you know what I find.

*****EDIT*****

Fresh install of vanilla works fine. Re-downloaded mod to ensure wasn't a corrupt download. Installed via GME and get same issue, AI is not surveying, Went up to turn 40, used Human, Zuul, and Moriggi on 8p Rift. I did not manually replace any files this time.

*EDIT*

Re-installed fresh again, verified vanilla worked fine, did the MANUAL install per Rossinna's steps and get the same issue. Honestly hope I'm the only one having the issue, that's my kinda luck.
Last edited by Svey on Fri May 12, 2017 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

adamut100

Post by adamut100 » Fri May 12, 2017 4:23 am

I'll test it out and see if I can find the cause. Thanks for pointing it out.

Svey

Post by Svey » Sat May 13, 2017 2:24 am

So, for the hell of it I changed <StanceWeight stance="EXPANDING">8</StanceWeight>, under the default survey fleet, in your fleet template file back to 10 as vanilla has it, and they are starting to Survey now. Over 3 games tested it's taking anywhere from 25 to 70 turns for any of the factions to start surveying. And when they do, they immediately send colonizers regardless of CH or development cost. In one instance, the AI Tarks had a planet with over 1200CH and roughly 2M to develop. Atleast they are surveying now.

**EDIT**
Gonna mess around with <MaxColonizableHazard> from the faction file and see if that changes the surveying start time. I'm wondering if it's stemming from the increased income meaning it changes the preferred CH range of possible colonies.

Darkwing dack

Post by Darkwing dack » Sun May 14, 2017 11:27 am

Yep, have the same problem with enemy not surveying systems, but they do everything else, research, colonization in base systems etc.
Though I noticed, that they sometimes send fleets to other systems not as survey, but as "strike" mission.

Svey

Post by Svey » Sun May 14, 2017 4:45 pm

Believe I found and fixed the issue. Verifying with just that change to make sure it wasn't something else fixing it. Will let ya know once I test it some.

**EDIT**

Fixed it. Line 260 in the faction fleet template, (SOTS2 Reforged\assets\base\factions\fleet_templates) removed <Ship inclusion="FILL">COMBAT</Ship>, and they are now surveying normally. Most AI sends them out on Turn 1, some are waiting until turn 2.

adamut100

Post by adamut100 » Sun May 14, 2017 5:32 pm

Great. I will fix and add to next update.

Darkwing dack

Post by Darkwing dack » Sun May 14, 2017 8:43 pm

Thank you :love:
BTW how do you access new sections?

Svey

Post by Svey » Sun May 14, 2017 9:24 pm

Most of the new sections I've come across are "renamed" sections of the old. Haven't played through to many turns yet to see much. Tarka get a "Heavy Podship", more armor than standard boarding section, Liir armor section is now "Gaurdian", couple others spread around.

adamut100

Post by adamut100 » Mon May 15, 2017 2:03 am

The sections I've added are generally just up-gunned and armored versions of existing sections. There isn't a way to add truly new ship sections into the game at this point. So for example, I've added an "elite vanguard" which is an upgunned war section which generally replaces one or more heavy weapon turrets with a very heavy weapon turret and adds armor or some other function.

For v1.5 (which is more or less done) I've reworked all the tech requirements for these section to spread out the required techs a bit more. One other thing I'm trying to do to add more distinction between the two is create new variants of turret sizes that would be unique to the new sections. So for example, instead of carrying 4 heavy beams, a ship might carry 2 heavy beams and 2 "nova" beams which would be powerful/unique versions of the existing weapons. Traveling for work all week next week so I'll have limited testing capabilities until that is done.

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Mon May 15, 2017 8:21 pm

If you've not already done it, one way to fix the survey fleets is to make more than one template which can survey so the AI can pick if its wants a smaller fleet or a full size one.
Sword of the Stars 2 : Project Hiver - work in progress
Sword of the Stars 2 : Vanilla AI Enhancement Mod - Alpha Version 6 now Available.
Creator of the upcoming Seimei universe.

adamut100

Post by adamut100 » Tue May 16, 2017 3:59 am

I already fixed it by with adding the survey mission but will also add the fleet template edit as well just to be safe. My 1.5 test is working fine. Only issue is the Zulu are not quite as swarmy as I was hoping for. Have to edit their faction file a bit more.

adamut100

Post by adamut100 » Tue May 23, 2017 12:29 am

Just a quick update. I have the Zuul ships reworked, fixed a ton of the bugs from the last build, and just testing for issues right now. I'll post a new version of the mod later this week. Few quick highlights of what is out there:

Key Fixes:
--Hiver Asteroid Monitor Crash
--Limited Surveying by AI due to fleet template issues
--Brought Zuul in line with the other 5 non-LOA races and added advanced sections for them
--Reworked tech requirements to space them out more and require more diverse tech to unlock advanced sections (Zuul require less than techs than others)

I'll post this update in the next few days after I test further.

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Tue May 23, 2017 6:08 am

During my own rework of the Zuul, I noticed that the LV tended to cause huge slowdown on the design screen as when it fired its IOBMs and Polaris missiles, the exhaust remained until the game sometimes got down to single digit FPS rates.

It was fixed when I added the lines:
<BarrelOverload>Barrel_Dummy.scene</BarrelOverload>
to each of the IOBM and Polaris slots. Not seen any slowdown related to phantom particles since from the LV.

Dunno if it happens on yours, but its there if it does.
Sword of the Stars 2 : Project Hiver - work in progress
Sword of the Stars 2 : Vanilla AI Enhancement Mod - Alpha Version 6 now Available.
Creator of the upcoming Seimei universe.

Haplo_Patryn

Post by Haplo_Patryn » Tue May 23, 2017 2:30 pm

Thanks for the update, Adamut.

adamut100

Post by adamut100 » Thu May 25, 2017 9:57 pm

Alright. Just posted the new version. Let me know if you have issues.

Return to “Modding”