SOTS II Reforged

Moderator: Makail

dawilko

Re: SOTS II Reforged

Post by dawilko » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:33 am

Thanks for your reply and help Rossinna-Sama, I will make the changes you've mentioned but you're right that we do need Adamut to work out which ship or section is causing the crash (due to them being used in the main screen combat).

Noticed your in Brisbane, Au too north or south side? Happy Aus day for tomorrow.

Wilko

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:59 am

Technically not in Brisbane itself - I'm south of it, in Logan. But I use Brisbane in profiles as more people know of it.

I did some more experimenting - while it isn't a perfect solution, not using Liir or Zuul does allow the mod to work a bit better stability wise. Still do not know why though, and it is annoying me because the logs ain't giving me enough information to be able to tell who or even what is causing the crashing. I still think its a ship\section, but I can not be certain.
Sword of the Stars 2 : Project Hiver Modder
Creator of the Work-In-Progress Seimei Visual Novel series.
My dream game: Combination of Sword of the Stars 2, Angels Fall First, Conquest: Frontier Wars and Warzone 2100.

dawilko

Post by dawilko » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:21 am

Amazing, I'm also in Logan! What's the chances of two people playing a 5 year old game, chatting via the Kerberos board about a specific mod being in the same city.

Thanks for your investigation work, your way ahead of me in that respect.

Selak

Post by Selak » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:05 pm

Rossinna - Having not looked at it I can't know for certain, but maybe there is a weapon that was renamed or a ship section file got renamed or corrupted. Just tossing out ideas here as I have said i have not looked at it at all.

Edit - Another possibility is that looking at the files I have noticed that he has added a bunch of potential badges to the races bump has not included the actual badge files with the mod so it is possible that the crash is caused by the game trying to load a particular badge in in the menu background fighting but the badge does not exist in the files anywhere.

From the badge names, it seems that he uses the mod that added a bunch of SOTS badges into SOTS2

Edit 2 - another problem is that he did not give the turret banks new GUID numbers for the new sections he made like the cr_mission_armor_adv.section in each race. they have the exact same ID as the cr_mission_armor.section which is bad as each bank needs a unique GUID that is different from all other section files in the game from my understanding.

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:21 pm

Selak wrote:Rossinna - Having not looked at it I can't know for certain, but maybe there is a weapon that was renamed or a ship section file got renamed or corrupted. Just tossing out ideas here as I have said i have not looked at it at all.

Edit - Another possibility is that looking at the files I have noticed that he has added a bunch of potential badges to the races bump has not included the actual badge files with the mod so it is possible that the crash is caused by the game trying to load a particular badge in in the menu background fighting but the badge does not exist in the files anywhere.

From the badge names, it seems that he uses the mod that added a bunch of SOTS badges into SOTS2

Edit 2 - another problem is that he did not give the turret banks new GUID numbers for the new sections he made like the cr_mission_armor_adv.section in each race. they have the exact same ID as the cr_mission_armor.section which is bad as each bank needs a unique GUID that is different from all other section files in the game from my understanding.

The badges are a possibility for the crash, though its quite unusual if that's the case. Errors like that tend to just get listed in the log as a missing texture.

The GUID one isn't going to crash in a SP match - though it will in multiplayer. Essentially all that does is prevent save game errors when the save is loaded up and you find your ships with incorrect weapons assigned to them. It'd still be good to assign them unique ones regardless, if he finds the time.

Personally, I use <Id>111111aa-111a-111a-111a-111111111111</Id> and as I add in new sections or edit old ones with new banks, I change a single number or letter.
Sword of the Stars 2 : Project Hiver Modder
Creator of the Work-In-Progress Seimei Visual Novel series.
My dream game: Combination of Sword of the Stars 2, Angels Fall First, Conquest: Frontier Wars and Warzone 2100.

adamut100

Post by adamut100 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:02 am

FINALLY ran down the corrupt file. I will begin working on fixing the issues in the download file first and then pick this back up. This will be slow going as I'm traveling/working a ton right now but wanted to put this update out there.

Side Note: Posted a very small update to prior file to add in corrections suggested by Rossinna to address file structure problems. Since i had to do complete wipe to fix my bug problem we should all be on the same version now and I've seen no CTD at start in 10 tests.

decoy11

Post by decoy11 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:32 pm

Oh wow, I had lost hope that you would continue working on the mod. It is great news to hear that you still want to work on it even if you are very busy and can't dedicate too much time on it. thank adamut100!

Selak

Post by Selak » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:35 pm

ill put this link here (its also in the useful information thread) as i am pretty sure i read someone asking about mod management in this thread.

http://www.kerberos-productions.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=37095

in there is a post from me about the jonesoft generic mod enabler. It works under windows 10 (i still use it) and it makes it easy to manage mods and switch between different mods.

dawilko

Post by dawilko » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:14 am

Thanks for returning to work on the mod adamut100, I appreciate your efforts in making the gem that is SOTS2 better.

adamut100

Post by adamut100 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:59 am

Wondering if anyone else is testing this out? I'm seeing decent fights right now in my FFA 4 player game on the cross map I added. Constant attacks from Hiver fleets as we contest a world near the start of their "arm" of the cross where hiver is using the full command points (72/72), includes 2 br ships at least with riders, and hitting multiple worlds concurrently . Other two AI are asleep at the moment but having a pretty tense go of it with these Hivers so maybe it's a good thing.

Looking for feedback on any of these if anyone has any:

--Drones: interested to know if the new drone counts are too high/low; anyone having pathing issues with the increased drones?
--Battleriders: I'm playing as morrigi for my 1.25 testing so not using these guys much. Too strong/weak?
--Weapons: Any OP weapons? Finding I'm tending to favor the rapid fire AP lasers.
--Bugs: Anything anyone is seeing other than the CTD from the background combat? Don't think this is resolved after all as i had it the other day.

Theghar

Post by Theghar » Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:04 pm

I'll be testing this build as i finish renovation in my house :]

dawilko

Post by dawilko » Fri Feb 05, 2016 8:44 am

Hi adamut100 I'm playing atm, but on 1.24, happy to test 1.25 if you need more eyes.

DaWilko

Brad.S

Post by Brad.S » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:37 pm

Hello , im new to this mod, so forgive me if this has already been solved.
I had a error on startup, it became unresponsive
I have attached the log file below
Please help, this mod seems awesome

Haplo_Patryn

Post by Haplo_Patryn » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:02 pm

Hi. There are two missing files in the download link file in page 1: fleet_templates and section_preferences in the Factions folder (mod)

Could someone please put both files here to download or a fixed download mod file in page 1?

Thank you very much.

adamut100

Post by adamut100 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:56 am

I've uploaded the missing files in a quick hotfix. Let me know if that solves your issues.

Return to “Modding”