AI Cost Factor in techtree

Moderator: Makail

Lord Primus

AI Cost Factor in techtree

Post by Lord Primus » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:15 am

Hi all,

Am currently modding my techtree in line with my tech revisions. I have however, not worked out how the (Faction)AI Cost Factor works for each race at the bottom of each tech in the techtree file.

Auto or rootnode techs are listed as 99, researchable techs I've seen as low as 0 or 0.1. Can anyone shed some light on this in case it can make a difference to the game?

Cheers

LP

Rossinna-Sama

Re: AI Cost Factor in techtree

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:27 am

Could be wrong but from what I understand, the lower the number (as long as it is not 0), the more probable the AI is to research it.

You can see this pattern with the factional tech differences - techs Zuul rarely can get have a high cost so they don't waste their time on it, while techs they almost always can acquire are low.

As for how it works - it probably adds or subtracts that percentage into the base cost of the tech. 0.1 for example would make the AI feel like its only costing 10% while 2.0 would make it feel like its paying 200% the cost.
Sword of the Stars 2 : Project Hiver - work in progress
Sword of the Stars 2 : Vanilla AI Enhancement Mod - Alpha Version 6 now Available.
Creator of the upcoming Seimei universe.

Return to “Modding”