Vanilla AI Enhancement - VAE - Alpha Release - V6

Moderator: Makail

willdieh

Re: Vanilla AI Enhancement - VAE - Alpha Release - V6

Post by willdieh » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:40 am

I don't have any plans for V7 as of yet, as I'm waiting to see what willdieh can do.
Well, I'm still working on the model file format... and I just started a new job, so my free time is less than it used to be. But I'll keep doing what I can.

William

EDIT: Also wanted to say how much your work is appreciated. Thanks Rossinna!

BlueInstinct

Post by BlueInstinct » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:01 pm

hey Rossina, your effort really apreciated here.
I am currently testing V5 in a game on small disc against a single hiver on Vhard with max start. currently its doing ok but it seems to have reduced surveying alot as of late. it has a ton of fleets but only 1 was surveying, and there is still much to scout. It also has DN's researched super fast bit didnt built the prototype so far ( it cant have the tech for long though since wer still rather early in the game).
Edit: DN tech finished at least on turn 44

is the V6 savegame compatible to V5 and would it improve the hivers performance?
i let you know how this goes .

And william, i am looking foward to testing you tool trying to put a new look on tarkas, something i watned to do since release.
It would be soooo cool if you could grind through the core of sots and find a way to enhance the AI from the roots.
But i completely understand how RL really has higher prioritys than sots2AI by at least a tiny bit :D:D

thank you both so much !

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:18 pm

V5 (sadly) had numerous bugs, all of which should be solved in V6. Hivers should be performing far better.
As for DNs, the AI usually won't rush them unless they are Solforce, Loa or Liir and even then, they wait until they've got the economy to support it.
Sword of the Stars 2 : Project Hiver - work in progress
Sword of the Stars 2 : Vanilla AI Enhancement Mod - Alpha Version 6 now Available.
Creator of the upcoming Seimei universe.

BlueInstinct

Post by BlueInstinct » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:22 pm

i need to restart the game or will any changes might improve a saved game?

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:25 pm

BlueInstinct wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:22 pm
i need to restart the game or will any changes might improve a saved game?
As stated in the Modding Picture of the day thread -
It won't crash, but many of the improvements which rely on the tech tree will not function as the tech tree is built into the save itself - you can technically play a save without a tech tree file installed.
While it is best to update anyway to V6, its only worthwhile to restart your match if you've not gotten too far in.
Sword of the Stars 2 : Vanilla AI Enhancement Mod - Alpha Version 6 now Available.

Haplo_Patryn

Post by Haplo_Patryn » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:53 am

A crash in the first Von Neuman Collector strike.

T (2018/04/08 14:03:50) [game] Launching combat in Altair system.
T (2018/04/08 14:03:50) [state] Exiting StarMapState.
T (2018/04/08 14:03:50) [state] Entering LoadingScreenState.
T (2018/04/08 14:03:50) [state] Preparing CombatState for transition from LoadingScreenState.
T (2018/04/08 14:03:50) [state] Exiting CombatState.
W (2018/04/08 14:03:50) [game] System.InvalidOperationException: La secuencia no contiene ningún elemento coincidente

en System.Linq.Enumerable.First[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source, Func`2 predicate)

en Kerberos.Sots.GameObjects.Ship.CreateShip(App game, Matrix world, DesignInfo design, String shipName, Int32 serialNumber, Int32 parentId, Int32 inputId, Player player, Int32 shipInfoID, Int32 riderindex, Int32 parentDBID, Boolean autoAddDrawable, Boolean defenseBoatActive, Boolean isInDeepSpace, IEnumerable`1 playersInCombat)

en Kerberos.Sots.GameObjects.Ship.CreateShip(GameSession game, Matrix world, ShipInfo shipInfo, Int32 parentId, Int32 inputId, Int32 playerId, Boolean isInDeepSpace, IEnumerable`1 playersInCombat)

en Kerberos.Sots.GameStates.CommonCombatState.<SpawnFleet>d__96.MoveNext()

en Kerberos.Sots.GameStates.CommonCombatState.<CreateShips>d__3b.MoveNext()

en System.Linq.Buffer`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 source)

en System.Linq.Enumerable.ToArray[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)

en Kerberos.Sots.GameStates.CommonCombatState.OnPrepare(GameState prev, Object[] stateParams)

en Kerberos.Sots.GameStates.CombatState.OnPrepare(GameState prev, Object[] stateParams)

en Kerberos.Sots.GameState.Prepare(GameState prev, Object[] parms)

en Kerberos.Sots.GameStateMachine.PrepareGameStateCore(GameState value, Object[] parms)

en Kerberos.Sots.GameStateMachine.PrepareGameState(GameState value, Object[] parms)

en Kerberos.Sots.GameStates.LoadingScreenState.OnUpdate()

en Kerberos.Sots.GameStateMachine.Update()

en Kerberos.Sots.App.Update()
W (2018/04/08 14:03:50) [game] Writing local game database for debugging...
T (2018/04/08 14:03:50) [data] Saving game database to 'C:\Users\Agus\AppData\Local\Sword of the Stars II\log\log-20180408111629_localgame.db'...
T (2018/04/08 14:03:50) [data] OK.
W (2018/04/08 14:04:03) [log] An error occurred. Refer to the log and associated minidump files for more information:

C:\Users\Agus\AppData\Local\Sword of the Stars II\log\log-20180408111629.txt
C:\Users\Agus\AppData\Local\Sword of the Stars II\log\log-20180408111629.txt.dmp

Haplo_Patryn

Post by Haplo_Patryn » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:26 am

I can confirm that every time that Collector appears, the game crashes.

Haplo_Patryn

Post by Haplo_Patryn » Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:11 am

Ok, 75 turns in my test run.

Morrigi are doing a lot better, they have updated their ships with torpedos and a lot of beamers and missiles. They are pounding my fleets and attacking all my frontier systems.

Hiver were the first to find me but since then...I don't know where they're or how they're doing.

Suulka as always, very aggressives and doing well.

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:01 pm

Haplo_Patryn wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:26 am
I can confirm that every time that Collector appears, the game crashes.
I thought I fixed that? I'll see what I can find.

EDIT - Its not crashing for me, everything VN related is still in default settings apart from the turrets.xml which was altered a bit to fix the boarding pods the VN Possessor has.

Haplo_Patryn

Post by Haplo_Patryn » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:35 pm

I don't know, the game is all ok, working fine, but when Von Neumann appears the game crashes. You can read the log in my post above, maybe you can find some clues about what could be the problem.

Haplo_Patryn

Post by Haplo_Patryn » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:05 am

Suulkas eliminated before turn 80. Morrigi are doing much better, improving their ships and striking every turn.

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:18 pm

Haplo_Patryn wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:35 pm
I don't know, the game is all ok, working fine, but when Von Neumann appears the game crashes. You can read the log in my post above, maybe you can find some clues about what could be the problem.
Well your log indicates that an asset is missing. However unless you've modded\altered something on your end, it isn't due to VAE.

I wiped my install of SOTS2 and reverified it then installed VAE so it is as clean as it can be (not even debug mode) and the VN wasn't crashing.

All I can think of is to check that the ship sections for the VN are there and to see if their weapons also are.
EDIT - you could also send me the save, that way I can see if anything is different.

Haplo_Patryn

Post by Haplo_Patryn » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:21 am

I have only installed the new version and later your color mod (after, not before).

I will install the game again.

Haplo_Patryn

Post by Haplo_Patryn » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:38 am

Rossinna-Sama wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:18 pm
Haplo_Patryn wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:35 pm
Well your log indicates that an asset is missing. However unless you've modded\altered something on your end, it isn't due to VAE.

I wiped my install of SOTS2 and reverified it then installed VAE so it is as clean as it can be (not even debug mode) and the VN wasn't crashing.

All I can think of is to check that the ship sections for the VN are there and to see if their weapons also are.
EDIT - you could also send me the save, that way I can see if anything is different.
You're right, my fault. I didn't delete some files from mod Reforged and that's why the VN bug. All fine now ;)

Rossinna-Sama

Post by Rossinna-Sama » Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:43 pm

That's alright. Since you've solved it, I can resume working on the weapon thing I was talking about.

You probably already know it but Reforged is not compatible with VAE - though with some work it probably could be.

Return to “Modding”