Station Combat modules with PD -

Moderator: Makail

Resok
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Station Combat modules with PD -

Post by Resok » Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:13 am

Attached is a quick mod I put together today that adds PD turrets to the combat modules for the naval stations for each faction. Most factions get 4 PD turrets on top of the existing 2 heavy. This typically comes with a price increase (most go from 105k to 130k) to represent the increased firepower in place. Morrigi also get an extra 2 missile mounts on their combat modules that comes with a small price increase of the module to 160k.

Loa get a significant boost in firepower of 4 extra medium mounts (missiles), and 6 PD light mounts (Laser PD) and come with an increase of 2000 in station upkeep with each module and a price hike to 215k per combat module.

Due to limitations I wasn't able to get retrofit working for the light or medium mounts, only the heavy mounts can be retrofit currently. As a result, any medium mounts present will be missiles and each light mount will be a either Laser PD (Liir, Morrigi, Loa) or Gauss PD (Solforce, Hiver, Tarka, Zuul). Point defense preference based on highest tech chances for PD based on Faction.

I also did a few minor tweaks to the structure of the combat modules themselves as many factions had modules that only had 5 structure and could be easily destroyed (removing all turrets) in a typical battle. The structure points of the modules have been normalized to values that I find to be faction appropriate.

You can still retrofit the heavy mounts as before.

Summary of changes:

Morrigi - 350 struct, 2 heavy turrets, 2 medium missile turrets, 4 laser PD turrets, cost increase to 160k (from 105k)
Loa - 600 struct, 2 heavy turrets, 4 medium missile turrets, 6 laser PD turrets, cost increase to 215k (from 105k), upkeep increase to 2000 (up from 250 in vanilla)
Hiver - 550 struct, 2 heavy turrets, 4 Gauss PD turrets, cost increase to 130k (from 105k)
Human - 400 struct, 2 heavy turrets, 4 Gauss PD turrets, cost increase to 130k (from 105k)
Liir - 500 struct, 2 heavy turrets, 4 laser PD turrets, cost increase to 130k (from 105k)
Zuul - 350 struct, 2 heavy turrets, 4 Gauss PD turrets, cost increase to 130k (from 105k)
Tarka - 450 struct, 2 heavy turrets, 4 Gauss PD turrets, cost increase to 130k (from 105k)

Files can be extracted from the zip to the root of the SOTS2 install folder and away you go really.

I think it can even be done mid-game based on my testing earlier, but make sure to backup your save just in case. :)

The above is based around vanilla balance as much as I can interpret it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Resok

Return to “Modding”