Been gone a long time.. Nice to see some modding support.. a couple questions..

Moderator: Makail

Malakie

Been gone a long time.. Nice to see some modding support.. a couple questions..

Post by Malakie » Thu May 02, 2019 3:38 pm

HI All,

I am an original SOTS and SOTS II player/supporter from the original days.. But with the fiasco of the SOTSII being dropped cold as it was, I walked away out of frustration and anger.

I still play both games though and last night decided to see if by chance any small mods had come out over the years since. To my surprise I see some moderate support from people out there and now look forward to seeing what has come about.

That being said, I am also wondering if in any talks with Kerberos etc, whether any chance of the actual game code being made public at all so the game could actually be fully completed and finished as intended originally?

Any recommendations as to which mods I should be looking at right away or as a must?

Malakie

ZedF
Board Ninja
Board Ninja

Re: Been gone a long time.. Nice to see some modding support.. a couple questions..

Post by ZedF » Thu May 02, 2019 3:56 pm

Paradox owns the code so probably it will never be released in full. Some modders do work with DLL updates / replacement which is probably as close as anyone will get.

SoS is probably the closest mod you will find to SotS2 “as it was intended to be released” since it tries to fix some problems without making a lot of changes otherwise, but any mod will depend heavily on the perspective of the modder(s) in question on what exactly is a bug, what is a balance change, etc.
Zed's TARs (sample):
Fractious Allies -- Hiver vs. Hiver, with allies
Who Let The Bugs Out -- Hiver vs. Tarka and Zuul
Tarka Ascendant -- Tarka vs. Hiver and Zuul

Strategy & Tactics Forum Archive -- More posts on strategy, tactics, and TARs

Return to “Modding”