lets talk about those interface slowdowns

Post any bumps you find on the road to galactic domination.

Moderators: Makail, Erinys, ddub

BlueTemplar

Re: lets talk about those interface slowdowns

Post by BlueTemplar » Mon Jan 27, 2014 9:51 pm

I think that you should just avoid the oversized maps like the Sotsverse... Have you tried playing a game on the small-medium maps?

King Awesome

Post by King Awesome » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:35 am

BlueTemplar wrote:I think that you should just avoid the oversized maps like the Sotsverse... Have you tried playing a game on the small-medium maps?

I've made the mistake of starting a game on The Heavens. At the same time I have a rule for myself that I will do reps and sets while waiting for the turn to process.

After a few days I'm already on my way to being in better shape than I was at 20. :awesome:

sknypate

Post by sknypate » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:48 pm

BlueTemplar wrote:I think that you should just avoid the oversized maps like the Sotsverse... Have you tried playing a game on the small-medium maps?

Not yet, I have not. I am still in my early steep learning curve phase of the game. I haven't decided for myself which technologies are worth investing time and resources into. I have only recently started to fight battles...

I like the large map, it is easier to stay alive and research the technology trees out to see what is there (not to mention getting to turn 500 or whatever). I know I could find out by browsing the wiki, but I actually enjoy the process of discovery I suppose...

Besides, I am getting really good at Minesweeper, Solitaire, Freecell, Mahjong &c. Although, King Awesome seems to have a good idea with the exercising, don't think my sit-up bench would fit in the office though.

Thanks for the tip though!

King Awesome

Post by King Awesome » Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:43 am

sknypate wrote:Although, King Awesome seems to have a good idea with the exercising, don't think my sit-up bench would fit in the office though.

Thanks for the tip though!

Glad to help! Here's my full list of activities I do while waiting for the turn to end throughout the lifecycle of a typical game.

Turns:Activity
1-10:Sip coffee, tea, beverage of choice
11-50:Make coffee, tea, beverage of choice
51-100:The making and eating of snacks
101-200:Exercise. By now you need it
201-300:Catch up with friends on chat and Facebook
301-400:Read a book
401-500:Catch up with friends IRL
501-650:Write a book
651-850:Join a political discussion online
851-852:Get into a political discussion with Mecron, get banned
853-1050:Join a political movement, get out the vote
1051-1250:Join the pogrom on Kerberos, get into argument over the color of uniform to wear
1251-1252:Leave the pogrom when no one can decide whether to use popcorn with or without real butter
1253+:Game crashes and saves are corrupted. Swear to never play the game again. Eventually return to 1

Between any turns:Go on Kerberos forums and write stupid posts that are at least funny in your own head.

BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar » Sat Feb 01, 2014 1:10 am

I don't know, I would think you should only play tiny and small maps in your first SotS2 games, so that if you make a huge mistake, you don't realize that only 30 hours later...

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sat Feb 01, 2014 5:37 am

awesome, I know you are very into how witty you are, but please don't pile it up in tech support. We try and keep it to just the facts here. ;)

Return to “Technical Support”