Cannot Bore Line

Post any bumps you find on the road to galactic domination.

Moderators: Makail, Erinys, ddub

DeMatt

Cannot Bore Line

Post by DeMatt » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:15 am

For some reason, I cannot seem to bore a nodeline to the system Theta. I can't imagine why, except for the possibility that because the "natural" nodelines don't connect like that, I can't create a nodeline.

Cannot bore line.jpg

I do have the savefile stored, if somebody wants a look at it.

Resok
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Re: Cannot Bore Line

Post by Resok » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:39 pm

Please attach the save game.

Most likely it's due to your previously created Bore Lines. The path/endurance validity is checked along the existing length of bore lines to travel to the nearest location to the target system instead of simply a straight line from your current position to the target system.
- Resok

DeMatt

Post by DeMatt » Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:50 am

Save game attached.

I don't really understand what you're getting at. It's true that Theta is closer to Delta (three jumps to the right) than it is to Serenity (7.43 ly versus 7.54), but the length of the Serenity<->Theta line shouldn't be a problem - I was able to bore that 9.72 ly line to Orando, after all.

If it's rejecting the direct route because the indirect route would be beyond supply range, irregardless of whether the direct route would remain in supply... then that's a bug.

Resok
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Resok » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:16 am

Yeah, I'm saying that it's a known issue with the way the node pathing mechanics currently work.

Right now it's counting the distance from Serenity -> Ymar -> Madyha -> Delta -> Theta (which is too far).

Knowing how it works currently though can help you work around it by planning your node routes with this in mind. If you had a route between Serenity and Delta for example - then most likely you'd be able to make it from Serenity -> Theta since the distance from Serenity -> Delta -> Theta is much less than the added distance from looping back around through Ymar and Madyha.
- Resok

Return to “Technical Support”