Ive never been able to play, please help. :(

Post any bumps you find on the road to galactic domination.

Moderators: Makail, Erinys, ddub

darkstar82

Ive never been able to play, please help. :(

Post by darkstar82 » Thu May 14, 2015 2:05 am

well, not sure if anyone`s still here but here goes,

I bought the title on launch, problems aside Ive always loved sots and was happy to wait another few months for it all to be sorted, well, that times been and gone, I know the game works for most, but Ive never been able to play it and I simply don't understand why. I start it, select map, select faction, thats as far as I have ever seen as somewhere along the route of setup, it just blinks back to desktop.

Originally i thought it was my pc, but I built a new one. It crashed on that, which I put it down to my crossfire setup and left it alone. another year later and now ive built another new rig, this time no crossfire, and again, all new components, and...

crash.

So what do I need to send to you in order to help you help me, my games bought and paid for via steam, happy to send you the code. Its been 3 years, I really wanna play :(

to start, my steam overlay is disabled. game has been cleared down, re installed, verified, yada yada,

Mecron
Kerberos

Re: Ive never been able to play, please help. :(

Post by Mecron » Thu May 14, 2015 2:13 am

Well first, thank you for your purchase and support even though it never reached us.
Second, so am I correct in understanding you have already gone through ALL the topics here for people who had trouble getting it started and NONE of the steps have had any effect?
Third, if you can think of ANY commonality in the way your build your machines that might be a critical clue even if it seems unrelated.

Nspace
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Nspace » Thu May 14, 2015 3:31 am

The next time you get it to crash, get the log and/or dmp files from where they generate and post them as attachments here. If you are not sure what or where to look, check out this post: A Simple Guide to reporting bugs (and helpful files)

Also a dxdiag might be helpful.
"Quando omni flunkus, mortati" - "When all else fails, play dead"
SotS 1 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots1/Main_Page
SotS 2 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots2/SotS2_Codex

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Post by zanzibar196 » Thu May 14, 2015 5:14 am

Agreed, knowing what version of windows you are running and what drivers would be most useful.

Return to “Technical Support”