CTD, log posted

Post any bumps you find on the road to galactic domination.

Moderators: Makail, Erinys, ddub

Paladwyn

CTD, log posted

Post by Paladwyn » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:22 pm

I'm getting a CTD when running the game, usually within 3 minutes of starting, and can happen in the map selection screen (Haven't tried just leaving it on the main menu, but it might happen there too.)

I posted a log of everything, maybe somebody can tell me what to check. I've got my drivers up to date and all that. I used to be able to play, but after some upgrades throughout the year and a half, something now doesn't like it.

I had to RAR up the .db file, since it doesn't like to upload it...but it's there.

Mecron
Kerberos

Re: CTD, log posted

Post by Mecron » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:28 pm

try leaving it on in the main menu and let us know.

Torezu

Post by Torezu » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:31 pm

If it doesn't crash there, it's probably local resources from the Steam install.

I suggest, in Steam, checking the local cache (right-click game, go to Properties, Local Files tab, Verify Integrity of Game Cache...). If that doesn't work, a reinstall (delete local files, download again) often fixes Steam issues like this, as it seems like something may have interfered with the install. Anti-Virus software will often do that, which is why I usually recommend shutting it off just long enough to install (and not browsing during that time), or at least adding an exception for Steam.

Of course, Kerberos is a lot more familiar with the software, so I highly recommend doing whatever they say first.

Paladwyn

Post by Paladwyn » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:03 pm

Ok, I will try leaving it on the main menu.

I did do a verify of the files before trying it, as well as installing all the stuff in the folders (Direct X and all that jazz)

I will update when I have information on the Main Menu.

Paladwyn

Post by Paladwyn » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:14 pm

It crashed on the main menu, log says it took about 4 minutes.

Return to “Technical Support”