CTD, log posted

Post any bumps you find on the road to galactic domination.

Moderators: Makail, Erinys, ddub

Paladwyn

CTD, log posted

Post by Paladwyn » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:22 pm

I'm getting a CTD when running the game, usually within 3 minutes of starting, and can happen in the map selection screen (Haven't tried just leaving it on the main menu, but it might happen there too.)

I posted a log of everything, maybe somebody can tell me what to check. I've got my drivers up to date and all that. I used to be able to play, but after some upgrades throughout the year and a half, something now doesn't like it.

I had to RAR up the .db file, since it doesn't like to upload it...but it's there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mecron
Kerberos

Re: CTD, log posted

Post by Mecron » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:28 pm

try leaving it on in the main menu and let us know.

Torezu

Post by Torezu » Wed Oct 28, 2015 5:31 pm

If it doesn't crash there, it's probably local resources from the Steam install.

I suggest, in Steam, checking the local cache (right-click game, go to Properties, Local Files tab, Verify Integrity of Game Cache...). If that doesn't work, a reinstall (delete local files, download again) often fixes Steam issues like this, as it seems like something may have interfered with the install. Anti-Virus software will often do that, which is why I usually recommend shutting it off just long enough to install (and not browsing during that time), or at least adding an exception for Steam.

Of course, Kerberos is a lot more familiar with the software, so I highly recommend doing whatever they say first.

Paladwyn

Post by Paladwyn » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:03 pm

Ok, I will try leaving it on the main menu.

I did do a verify of the files before trying it, as well as installing all the stuff in the folders (Direct X and all that jazz)

I will update when I have information on the Main Menu.

Paladwyn

Post by Paladwyn » Wed Oct 28, 2015 9:14 pm

It crashed on the main menu, log says it took about 4 minutes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Technical Support”