Crashes, crashes everywere!

Post any bumps you find on the road to galactic domination.

Moderators: Makail, Erinys, ddub

Bacus

Post by Bacus » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:02 pm

hello there! i'm getting massive randoms ctds. I cannot even start a match. they are not specific to any action, but, i tend to find them during the race selection. (no specific race behind it either)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Post by zanzibar196 » Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:42 am

1) you may not have DirectX 9.0c installed. Download and install this from Microsoft.

2) make sure your Microsoft .Net framework is the most recent version, and if it is, run a repair on it. Also make sure all drivers, especially video are up to date.

3) Looking at your dxdiag file, I noticed your video and system ram are shared. It could be glitching due to the game wanting to use the same ram as your video. Consider getting a dedicated video card, and not the on board video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Re: Crashes, crashes everywere!

Post by zanzibar196 » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:56 am

4) After reading your crash log... I noticed a lot of files/folders/etc... are missing. So, open steam, navigate to your library, right click the game, select properties, select the local files tab, and verify integrity of game cache. If that doesn't work, uninstall the game, navigate to your steam folder, \steamapps\common\ and delete the entire SotS 2 folder. After doing that, bring up the search field (usually on your start menu) and search for %appdata%... search all sub folders, and delete any folder labeled Sword of the stars. Once this is done, try downloading and reinstalling the game. This should fix those issues!

BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:05 am

Disabling Steam's overlay also tends to help.

Bacus

Post by Bacus » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:50 pm

ty all will try every fix :)

Return to “Technical Support”