Sword of Equestria

Tactics & After Action Reports

Moderator: Erinys

ForceUser

Sword of Equestria

Post by ForceUser » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:23 pm

Sword of WHAT?

Right so I've had this idea kicking at the back of my head (had a few failed starts at it as well since last year) and this time it looks like I may just actually do it. Yes, it's a MLP crossover, freedom of expression and all that ;)

I am writing a story. This isn't a TAR I know, but it was borne from the ORIGINAL idea to DO a TAR in the MLP universe. It started originally as a short little preface for the TAR but has blown up into a full blown story. The idea is to start the TAR soonish when I have a bit of free time to take place 'a year' after the start of the story. The TAR will contain the important parts of the story so that part makes sence at least for those people for whom that is important.

So why am I posting this? Well it's equal parts motivation for myself to DO the TAR and asking for help. Now I am not the most up to date with the lore and I may assume a lot of things regarding the lore that I do not even know to question, so if anyone feels up to it or brave enough and wants to subject themselves to some fan fiction... I wouldn't mind some thoughts on the SotS bits in the story and if anything is incorrect/mangled lore wise.

I am planning on starting the TAR some time in the next few weeks (played a few hours of SotS2 over the weekend, need a Flagship pic for the story) and would like to minimise the egg on my face if the TAR and story horribly desyncs lore wise.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/106451/ ... -crossover

TL:DR - Ponies in space, Bad Fanfiction, Halp.

Thanks!
Perspective Man: Much like common sense, it's so rare it's a gorram superpower.
Agent.nihilist wrote:Ooo! Whats the gesture for ramming!?
Korgan wrote:probably a pelvic thrust
Mecron wrote:oy that is wrong at so many levels...well done! :P

siracer

Re: Sword of Equestria

Post by siracer » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:09 am

can't wait for the TAR :D
wish you much luck in your efforts
The Empers of AaronTopia
SirAaron, SirAce, SirVelrin, SirCral, SirMerkin, SirDragonov, SirReign, SirRain, MissTerrus, SirZerke, MissHevam, SirNov, MissVorte, SirArmad, SirGorex, MissDalna, SirAcer
"Any man can defeat a god. Any man can become a god. Why you do either is what you will be remembered for."

ForceUser

Post by ForceUser » Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:45 am

First steps towards the TAR

I've also been thinking of 'rules' and limitations for my TAR. I might go with something like I am only allowed 9 fleets with ships over 4 cruisers for example. Suggestions regarding limitations would be apreciated.

Also, a timeline yey lol.

ForceUser

Post by ForceUser » Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:45 am

Fleshed out some fo the rules for the TAR. Might even start with it tonight hopefully.

The Concept
During the course of this TAR I will try and integrate as much of the show and the characters therein into the SotS2 experience. What this means is I will make use of both names and places in the show to name things like my fleets, ships, planets and to govern a certain set of rules to make the TAR a bit more interesting and challenging.

There will be 2 Zuul Empires vs the Human(United Equestria) empire. Default starting cash. Research efficiency set to 150% for Zuul to simulate Suul’ka leading them. Ponies have 10 tech start.

Ships and Fleets
In the show (and fandom) there are the generally accepted main characters. To incorporate that into the TAR I will give each of the main characters a fleet that is allowed to be as big as is possible with the tech available and no other fleet is to exceed 3 CR’s worth of ships. This means 1 CnC cruiser and 2 other cruisers. These smaller fleets will primarily be for system defense against minor dangers like Von Neumann, asteroids, swarm and specters.

The main characters for this TAR will be: Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity, Pinkie Pie/Discord, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Celestia, Luna and Cadence.

To up the challenge rating a bit I will also at first limit the fleet composition allowed for each character as well as additional characteristics.
AppleJack’s Fleet – Colonizer (Later moved over to Combat or R&S)
Fluttershy’s Fleet – Colonizer (Later moved over to R&S fleet)
Rarity’s Fleet – Constructor
Rainbow Dash’s Riders – Survey/Combat (Primarily Rider fleet)
Twilight’ Fleet – Survey/Combat (Has to incorporate Psionics as they become available)
Pinkie Pie/Discord’s Party Fleet – Survey/Combat/Assault shuttles/Raiding (Has a 20% chance each time it returns form a mission to change type)
Solar Fleet – Combat (Primarily Energy Weapon Fleet)
Lunar Fleet – Combat (Primarily Missile/Torpedo Fleet later siege driver)
Cadence’s Love boats – Colonizer

Suggestions welcome.

Technology
Each of the main 6 will be responsible for 2-3 tech schools and recommending tech goals in one of those trees. These goals will be 1-3 techs that can be researched one after the other and must then switch to the next character. The starting order will be RD, AJ, PP, TS, FS and RA and then randomized for every cycle afterwards.

The trees each character will be responsible for:
AJ – Engineering, Industrial,
RD – Drive, Rider, Ballistics
PP – Political, Torpedoes, Warhead
TS - C3, Psionics,
RA - Energy Weapons, Energy
FS – Biotech, Shield

Plagues and Cybernetics will be unavailable for research.

Technology will start with 10 techs to simulate the tech lead Equestria has built up since they became away of the Suul’ka

Naming
Main fleets will have names as seen in the ships and fleets section. Every minor fleet will have a background pony’s name. Colonies will have names of places from the show/fandom where possible. Suggestions on Fleet names are welcome.

GammaPaladin
Cassandra

Post by GammaPaladin » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:06 pm

Is there an MLP badge/avatar set out there somewhere, or did you just make that yourself?

Return to “T.A.R.”