New SOTS 2 Let's Play

Tactics & After Action Reports

Moderator: Erinys

Aethernet

New SOTS 2 Let's Play

Post by Aethernet » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:33 pm

I've finally finished my SOTS 2 LP over on the Something Awful forums, and it's now been added to the publicly accessible archive. You can find it at this link:

http://lparchive.org/Sword-of-the-Stars-2/

Be warned, it's extremely cheeky towards Kerberos, because outside these forums no-one will listen to anything you say about SOTS 2 unless you're cheeky. However, you might find a useful guide to playing Zuul. You can see the LP's original thread here:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3562674&pagenumber=1

Access will be intermittent unless you're an SA member. There's another SOTS 1/2 LP going on right now, courtesy of Veloxyll:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3574081

silentsnack

Re: New SOTS 2 Let's Play

Post by silentsnack » Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:37 pm

"cheeky"? Your sense of understatement astounds.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:00 pm

:lol:

Ashbery76

Post by Ashbery76 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:17 pm

That is a dam good guide for new players.

marshb

Post by marshb » Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:29 pm

:shock: The Nega-Sotsverse! Still, if it gets people interested I'm in! :thumbsup:

Edit: Completely forgot I had a SA account so logged in to view the comments and holy cow! It's working! You evil genius! And man! The guys are totally terrified of Mecron! Lol!
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

Aethernet

Re:

Post by Aethernet » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:55 am

marshb wrote::shock: The Nega-Sotsverse! Still, if it gets people interested I'm in! :thumbsup:

Edit: Completely forgot I had a SA account so logged in to view the comments and holy cow! It's working! You evil genius! And man! The guys are totally terrified of Mecron! Lol!

'Terrified' is precisely word I would have chosen. Precisely. If you have an account, please do come over and join in Veloxyll's thread, where he's exploring the differences between the first game and the sequel.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:10 am

but...but...I love puppies and everything!!!! :lol:

marshb

Re: Re:

Post by marshb » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:20 pm

Aethernet wrote:
marshb wrote::shock: The Nega-Sotsverse! Still, if it gets people interested I'm in! :thumbsup:

'Terrified' is precisely word I would have chosen. Precisely. If you have an account, please do come over and join in Veloxyll's thread, where he's exploring the differences between the first game and the sequel.

He He watch the guys dog pile these forums to prove their manhood! buy hey, they'll get to see all of the cool things thats been happening in the last 2 years and all of the love still being put into 2! I'll pop over to Veloxll's thread ( very generous of you to let him borrow the intro from your LP :toast: ) just so long as he doesn't use my name on a ship, marshb sounds too much like marshmallow, that ship would be doomed! (unless you build an LV into the shape of the Sta' Puff marshmallow man, STOMP! STOMP! )

Edit: After reading through the LP's (and attendant comments) I now know why Rod Serling always spoke with jaw clenched! :roll: :P Having said that, the LP's are informative and fun so lets hope it gets more people playing (even if its in an alternate universe!). :thumbsup:
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

silentsnack

Re: Re:

Post by silentsnack » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:51 pm

marshb wrote:
Aethernet wrote:

He He watch the guys dog pile these forums to prove their manhood!

This universe is a crazy place, so who knows! Maybe the goon hordes are content to stay in their hellish wasteland of hate and bile, or at least recognize the value of keeping things in their proper place and context. Puppies and vitriol don't mix very well, metaphorically or otherwise.

Mockery

Post by Mockery » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:28 pm

Thank you, Aethernet. That amused me to no end, as well as some of the pictures. Zuul at the beach is a favorite.

Pavane

Post by Pavane » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:05 pm

Well done and very enjoyable.
Stellar Union

Return to “T.A.R.”