The Pit: MindGames coming July 1st

Every Colonist has heard the tales of The Pit. Some say it doesn't exist. Some say it does. All agree only a fool would go looking for it.

Moderator: Erinys

zanzibar196
Note: Not A Moderator

Re: The Pit: MindGames coming July 1st

Post by zanzibar196 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:06 pm

Is the GoG expansion compatible with the gamersgate version? I'm half tempted to buy from them, and then buy the steam version once that is ready...

[edit]To heck with it... kerberos deserves $10 for this expansion, and SotS: The pit is on sale @ gog for $4.99... Sold!![/edit]
Last edited by zanzibar196 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SmilyO'Brian

Post by SmilyO'Brian » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:07 pm

RobAK801 wrote:
SmilyO'Brian wrote:Wow guys. I really respect the work you put into The Pit...but these past 2 days have been a disaster. I'm gonna need some major TLC before it's all said and done. I am very disappoint.

I would hardly call being made to wait a couple of days for a $4.99 indy game expansion, that they are trying to push out when they are supposed to be on holiday, a disaster. They told us the 1st but had a technical issue with Steam, they are fixing it ASAP. Again the 1st was a holiday so they could have fobbed it off until the 2nd, but they didn't. Patience and a little less entitlement are in order here.

Understand this: I love this game, have promoted it to my friends and on other websites, and I respect the Kerbs. With all that being said, the past two days have been a disaster. Here is how things work in my adult world: If I make a promise to people/set my own deadline, and then said deadline is publicized on a global medium such as the internet (to the point where my hardcore supporters take time OFF WORK), and then I don't meet that deadline...that=disaster. It's a PR disaster because at the very least it means you broke your word.

I understand that you want to defend the Kerbs; I mean no disrespect. I will still play this game, because they have done great work on it. But don't try and polish this turd.
I can haz PBA Armor??

zanzibar196

Post by zanzibar196 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:16 pm

SmilyO'Brian wrote:
RobAK801 wrote:
SmilyO'Brian wrote:Wow guys. I really respect the work you put into The Pit...but these past 2 days have been a disaster. I'm gonna need some major TLC before it's all said and done. I am very disappoint.

I would hardly call being made to wait a couple of days for a $4.99 indy game expansion, that they are trying to push out when they are supposed to be on holiday, a disaster. They told us the 1st but had a technical issue with Steam, they are fixing it ASAP. Again the 1st was a holiday so they could have fobbed it off until the 2nd, but they didn't. Patience and a little less entitlement are in order here.

Understand this: I love this game, have promoted it to my friends and on other websites, and I respect the Kerbs. With all that being said, the past two days have been a disaster. Here is how things work in my adult world: If I make a promise to people/set my own deadline, and then said deadline is publicized on a global medium such as the internet (to the point where my hardcore supporters take time OFF WORK), and then I don't meet that deadline...that=disaster. It's a PR disaster because at the very least it means you broke your word.

I understand that you want to defend the Kerbs; I mean no disrespect. I will still play this game, because they have done great work on it. But don't try and polish this turd.

Kerberos met their deadline. It's valve that is having the issue. You can get the base game and expansion for $9.98 on http://www.gog.com if you can't wait.

RobAK801
Doomsayer

Post by RobAK801 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:18 pm

I find anything related to a GAME difficult to call a disaster. If people are upset because they took off work to play said game then that is a shame, but again it is a game and a little perspective is in order. If they took my money and didn't deliver, THEN I could get upset. They however did not take my money and other sites other than Steam have the game up and available, so there were alternatives to having fits over this issue if you don't want to wait any longer. I just feel that in an adult world people who have fits over a game have missed the point.
N* makes me miss my Commadore 64 and my copies of Starflight I + II :(

SolForce Grunt 1: With the Suul'ka on the loose Command has issued a F.U.C.K. You order.
SG2: A what?
SG1: A Fight Until Cthulu Kills You order!

SmilyO'Brian

Post by SmilyO'Brian » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:19 pm

zanzibar196 wrote:Kerberos met their deadline. It's valve that is having the issue. You can get the base game and expansion for $9.98 on http://www.gog.com if you can't wait.

Alright, I must not have caught that part. Steam/Valve suck so that doesn't surprise me. Sorry for the misplaced blame.
I can haz PBA Armor??

LeelooDallasMultipas

Post by LeelooDallasMultipas » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:20 pm

Kerberos met their deadline. It's valve that is having the issue. You can get the base game and expansion for $9.98 on http://www.gog.com if you can't wait.

Wait. Are you saying your able to play the game right now + dlc if bought from gog.com ???

Or is it similar to third party sites (like green man gaming) where they sell you steam activation codes

zanzibar196

Post by zanzibar196 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:21 pm

LeelooDallasMultipas wrote:

Wait. Are you saying your able to play the game right now + dlc if bought from gog.com ???

Or is it similar to third party sites (like green man gaming) where they sell you steam activation codes

Gog.com is not a steam code. It's a real download... downloading it now... of course, the gog version is not compatible with the steam version, but as I said... the base game is currently on sale for $4.99. Well worth it!
Last edited by zanzibar196 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Boonshniggle

Post by Boonshniggle » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:24 pm

SmilyO'Brian wrote:
RobAK801 wrote:

Completely understand and I feel the same. Living in a world of deadlines myself most of the time, under-promise and over-deliver is a great philosophy. However, they did say it's their first attempt at publishing a release themselves. So, although I am frustrated and disappointed, yes, I do feel they are quite aware of the mistakes made and feel sorry for our disappointment. If they have any business sense, they would view this as a disaster, and I'm pretty sure they do. It is what it is, we love the devs and love the game, so lets just be patient...cause correcting a failure doesn't go any faster when ppl are rubbing the failure in your face constantly. I'm sure they are learning from mistakes and will be more organized beforehand in the future.

LeelooDallasMultipas

Post by LeelooDallasMultipas » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:25 pm

zanzibar196 wrote:
LeelooDallasMultipas wrote:

Gog.com is not a steam code. It's a real download... downloading it now...

HOLY SHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

SCREW STEAM AND WAITING THEN. Please update me if it works.

Ugh, wasted buying it off greenman. oh wells

zanzibar196

Post by zanzibar196 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:27 pm

LeelooDallasMultipas wrote:HOLY SHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Installed and playing tarka ranger as we speak like a charm! ;)

Again, please NOTE: Gog version not compatible with steam... you have to get the base game from them also... current price for base: $4.99.
Last edited by zanzibar196 on Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LeelooDallasMultipas

Post by LeelooDallasMultipas » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:28 pm

zanzibar196 wrote:
LeelooDallasMultipas wrote:HOLY SHTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Installed and playing tarka ranger as we speak like a charm! ;)

I love you.

I must depart now, my people need me.

SmilyO'Brian

Post by SmilyO'Brian » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:47 pm

I also succumbed and bought it from GOG. The game is sick. 30 minutes in and it is already better than the original. Psionics are wicked. I will still buy on steam so I can gift to other people.
I can haz PBA Armor??

LordGek

Post by LordGek » Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:54 pm

SmilyO'Brian wrote:I also succumbed and bought it from GOG. The game is sick. 30 minutes in and it is already better than the original. Psionics are wicked. I will still buy on steam so I can gift to other people.

Does the GOG version give a Steam activation code, even though not required to play?

namad

Post by namad » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:14 am

GOG competes with steam, they don't give out steam codes. they're the opposite of steam. like people are saying if you must play the expansion this second you can buy both the original game and the expansion from GOG, or you can wait a few days for steam to work.

GOG never sells steam codes ever.

LordGek

Post by LordGek » Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:43 am

namad wrote:GOG competes with steam, they don't give out steam codes. they're the opposite of steam. like people are saying if you must play the expansion this second you can buy both the original game and the expansion from GOG, or you can wait a few days for steam to work.

GOG never sells steam codes ever.

How is GOG with software updates? Are they handled smoothly? Would I need to redowload the whole file as was the case with GamersGate?

Return to “The Pit General Discussion”