The Pit: MindGames coming July 1st

Every Colonist has heard the tales of The Pit. Some say it doesn't exist. Some say it does. All agree only a fool would go looking for it.

Moderator: Erinys

Franco

Re: The Pit: MindGames coming July 1st

Post by Franco » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:46 am

I've had good experiences with gog, I buy more and more from them, and less from steam lately.

LordGek

Post by LordGek » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:52 am

Franco wrote:I've had good experiences with gog, I buy more and more from them, and less from steam lately.

So even if GOG updates aren't automatic, do they do a good job of notifying you of updates?

Nall White

Post by Nall White » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:53 am

LordGek wrote:
namad wrote:GOG competes with steam, they don't give out steam codes. they're the opposite of steam. like people are saying if you must play the expansion this second you can buy both the original game and the expansion from GOG, or you can wait a few days for steam to work.

GOG never sells steam codes ever.

How is GOG with software updates? Are they handled smoothly? Would I need to redowload the whole file as was the case with GamersGate?

Old school style. Go to site and download. I call that a fair trade. I DO think kerb is behind this. I got prime from direct2drive. They (D2D) put in a bunch of drm and the game ran like crap. Researched and gamers gate had it DRM free. Paid full price twice. I will say it was money well spend and got the GG version for about 5 people. :D

Edit:
LordGek wrote:
Franco wrote:I've had good experiences with gog, I buy more and more from them, and less from steam lately.

So even if GOG updates aren't automatic, do they do a good job of notifying you of updates?

No. Have to check every so often.
I'm NOT a cat!

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:57 am

Fans asked fir drm, we found a place where they could buy it that way. ;)

Cpt. Awesome

Post by Cpt. Awesome » Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:12 am

Although I am in favor of DRM free games, I accept Steam's DRM easily as the service provides value to me in other ways that the pros outweigh the cons for me. (at least in this narrow spectrum of consumer purchasing)

Simon Drake

Post by Simon Drake » Wed Jul 03, 2013 4:09 am

It safe to assume that we hit a cutoff for the game tonight and I should not be refreshing steam every 15 minutes still?

Blackswimmer

Post by Blackswimmer » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:40 am

So, any news on exactly what is going on with Steam?
Doubler wrote:More than Easter itself, I celebrate the week after Easter as the Week of Discounted Chocolate :P

Azrael Ultima wrote:The correct solution to hammers not being the appropriate tool to screw in a screw is not to develop screwing hammers.

zaknafein

Post by zaknafein » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:32 am

Will probably wait and see if steam gets its act together today, if not will probably buy the whole thing again on gog ;p

LeelooDallasMultipas

Post by LeelooDallasMultipas » Wed Jul 03, 2013 9:01 am

If you already have the core game on steam, your paying $5 more to get another full copy. As the DLC on steam is $5 but DLC + game is $10 total on gog. And its a direct download!!! I would just check the site or forum of players who bought it there for any future patches to be updated on latest game version.

Point is, as at the time of this post. You could be playing it right now and bask in it for at least an hour + before it becomes available on steam and cohort 3rd party sites.

And if you already got it per-ordered else where, ask yourself if taking an extra fiscal hit that detrimental or aren't you worth the extra happiness you get now + backup copy or gift that is accessibly remotely via steam login.

I already bought it on steam via green gaming but they are prob waiting on steam to launch it. As i have yet to see the steam codes in my account there. And they had it for $15 total, so just heads up for any potential green men.

I don't mean to endorse multiple purchases this blatantly but i feel bad having cake and watching others ask about wheres the cake.

this dlc is the best game for my mind since that dream I had where my fav games had a baby together.

Snowcaller

Post by Snowcaller » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:16 am

WOOT! :D
Get in there, lads.
Steam have it up, in the UK at least!

It's Tarka time!!!! :googly:

KingCramer

Post by KingCramer » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:17 am

Hello all, this is my first time posting!

I have been following the release of SoTS-TP Mindgames on Steam for a while now, and recently noticed that the DLC is now available on Steam! I found it by checking the basic SoTS-TP game, where there was the option to download the Mindgames DLC!

Bought, downloaded, and launched! Everything working as intenderd!

Just thought i should let you guys know! Happy hunting!

-KC

castewarkp
Site Admin

Post by castewarkp » Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:55 am

It's live on GOG, Steam, GamersGate, and Greenman Gaming should be shortly.

Blackswimmer

Post by Blackswimmer » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:00 am

Hooray! Downloading now. Thanks to everyone at Kerberos for their hard work getting this out, I'm sure it's worth the wait. :D
Doubler wrote:More than Easter itself, I celebrate the week after Easter as the Week of Discounted Chocolate :P

Azrael Ultima wrote:The correct solution to hammers not being the appropriate tool to screw in a screw is not to develop screwing hammers.

Snowcaller

Post by Snowcaller » Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:48 pm

Probs time to kill this thread, Mecron.
After all, MG is killing all of us now :)

Return to “The Pit General Discussion”