Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition!

Every Colonist has heard the tales of The Pit. Some say it doesn't exist. Some say it does. All agree only a fool would go looking for it.

Moderator: Erinys

castewarkp
Site Admin

Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition!

Post by castewarkp » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:24 pm

Since its first demo was released in the Fall of 2012, The Pit has become an indie hit with its blend of Roguelike action and sci-fi depth! Players were challenged to survive 30 floors of The Pit using one of three characters – the Marine, the Engineer, and the Scout – then in The Pit: MindGames players were given two new characters – the Psion and the alien Tarka Ranger – and ten more floors to survive through, as well as a wealth of new items, recipes, weapons, and nasty creatures to fight!

To celebrate the success of the series, Kerberos is releasing this Gold edition, which not only gives you the game, the expansion, and all the free content we added along the way, but we’re adding three new playable characters – The Hiver Warrior, the Liir Seeker, and the Morrigi Striker! Now you can test yourself against The Pit using all the major races from the Sword of the Stars universe!

The Gold Edition Features List:
• Three new Character classes, each from a different previously unplayable alien race.
• Over 65 new items
• Over 35 new monsters
• Over 50 new messages which means lots of all new hidden recipes
• 30 new weapons, including new alien weapons
• 2 new Biome levels - Snow and Desert
• 2 new play modes; Quick, which reduces the number of rooms per floor and Fast, which skips ever second floor!
• Plus 1 hidden character, which you can unlock to help you out when things get tough!

The Pit Full Features List:
• 8 Characters from 5 different Sword of the Stars races to play as... Marine, Scout, Engineer, Psion, Ranger, Warrior, Seeker, and Striker!
• 40 Levels of ancient evil science between you and the cure, not to mention unique side areas, known as biomes!
• Improve your character and increase your skills as you try and find a way to survive the depths.
• Over 160 enemies drawn from the Sword of the Stars universe!
• Over 110 weapons and over 45 armors with a variety of special effects including flamethrowers, rocket launchers, plasma cannons and powered Brawler armor!
• Over 250 items, devices, and ingredients to find, ranging from the familiar to ancient exotic tech. Use stuff found around each level or on your enemies to craft together more than 100 new items!
• Randomized augmentation effects (for your equipment... and for you!) make each game unique.
• Develop 28 unique Psionic powers to better hold off opponents.
• 5 levels of difficulty, from Easy to Seriously? and three special modes; Infinite, where there is no end, Quick, which reduces the number of rooms per floor, and Fast, which skips every second floor!
• Dozens of room types containing a host of exotic devices to help - or maybe hinder - your progress.
• Discover and decipher hundreds of hidden messages, crafting recipes, and pieces of Sword of the Stars lore!
• Many fiendish ways to die including poisoning, disease, traps, disintegration, radiation, dehydration, starvation and of course... MONSTERS.
• Plus 1 hidden character, which you can unlock to help you out when things get tough!
• Special features include full controller support, Big Screen compatibility, Steam Cloud, and even Steam trading cards!
• ESRB ™ Rated T for Teens, blood, violence.

Nagumotheblue

Re: Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition!

Post by Nagumotheblue » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:09 pm

Thx you so much.....i have played Digital-Games for nearly 30 years and The Pit is definitely one of the very best i have played so far.. So this Gold DLC is really amazing.

Ciurrioc

Post by Ciurrioc » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:06 pm

This DLC and the pit at large is FAmazing. loving it, my posts are limited because I am busy crash course playing.
Has seen the Cover of the fabled Mecronomicon

"Who's hands shape what is"

Been around since 07...forum ate my account...rip 8/3/13

TheLastWalker

Post by TheLastWalker » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:59 pm

Pain! Death! Insanity! Death!

Good times.

So much game for so few dollars. Thanks Kerberos.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:16 am

you are most welcome! have a ton of fun this weekend!

BandC

Post by BandC » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:47 am

Superb!

Vanish

Post by Vanish » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:08 am

The Pit: Gold edition trailer

One of the most exciting indie KP trailers yet. Check it out ;)
"We have such sights to show you."
-Hellraiser

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:35 am

I thought it was good, to be sure. But then, I've always liked KP's release trailers ;)

Also, gender time! The Morrigi looks male, and the job description sounds like a male profession given Morrigi norms-- is Nemesis a male Morrigi?

And the Liir movement animations look really cool in the trailer!
Feel free to call me App- it's shorter.

Ciurrioc

Post by Ciurrioc » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:10 am

Nemisis is the unlockable? because Striker is the stock morrigi you can play and she's a she.

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:33 am

Ciurrioc wrote:Nemisis is the unlockable? because Striker is the stock morrigi you can play and she's a she.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but Striker is the character "class" of the Morrigi character. Much like Themba's character class in "Engineer." The name of the Morrigi is "Nemesis." The intro text says " A Striker is a mercenary," not "Striker is a mercenary." The intro text goes on to state that "Nemesis is an adventurer and thief...*"

How can you tell Nemesis is a she?

*= This is all based on the information in the trailer placed on Steam.

Ciurrioc

Post by Ciurrioc » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:40 am

The Apprentice wrote:
Ciurrioc wrote:Nemisis is the unlockable? because Striker is the stock morrigi you can play and she's a she.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but Striker is the character "class" of the Morrigi character. Much like Themba's character class in "Engineer." The name of the Morrigi is "Nemesis." The intro text says " A Striker is a mercenary," not "Striker is a mercenary." The intro text goes on to state that "Nemesis is an adventurer and thief...*"

How can you tell Nemesis is a she?

*= This is all based on the information in the trailer placed on Steam.

Ups yeah I went back in game, Nemesis is her name. and I say she's a she because she sounds like a she lol :D also because she's not as "glamorous" as a male (I assume) would be.

Utopiec

Post by Utopiec » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:13 am

Ahhh such a good news. Thanks Kerberos :)
But You should stop lowering Your prices so quickly. If You will go further this way, next expansion You will sell for a bowl of rice :lol:
Also if I could ask: In one of topics there is information about crowbar beeing added to game. Is it my idea or did I just guesed what You already wanted to make? I'm asking to know if I can start to boast about having my idea implemented :twisted:

Blackswimmer

Post by Blackswimmer » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:12 am

Just £2 for the DLC?! :insane: You guys are amazing!
Doubler wrote:More than Easter itself, I celebrate the week after Easter as the Week of Discounted Chocolate :P

Azrael Ultima wrote:The correct solution to hammers not being the appropriate tool to screw in a screw is not to develop screwing hammers.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:45 am

Uto, a few people asked for a crowbar but you were definetly one of them so feel free to take a portion of the credit ;)

Black, lol don't tell us, tell those guys on steam ;)

The Apprentice

Post by The Apprentice » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:29 am

Mecron wrote:Black, lol don't tell us, tell those guys on steam ;)

Seriously. It's like they think KP is selling horse armor DLC or something. :roll:

Return to “The Pit General Discussion”