Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition!

Every Colonist has heard the tales of The Pit. Some say it doesn't exist. Some say it does. All agree only a fool would go looking for it.

Moderator: Erinys

Eleahen
Doomsayer

Re: Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition!

Post by Eleahen » Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:56 am

Ooh! Nice!
Pit in Fast mode, here I come! :twisted:

WiZz

Post by WiZz » Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:37 pm

Great work, Kerbs! I hope, that development of The Pit is not over.

OnyxShadow

Post by OnyxShadow » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:04 pm

Does anyone know if you need Mindgames to play this, or is it sufficient to just have Sword of the Stars: The Pit? I never got around to getting the first DLC.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:52 pm

You need MG

Utopiec

Post by Utopiec » Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:08 pm

I just saw Tornis playing The Pit and the game gives now information that Your armour is criticaly damaged! I may now die happy... ;)

cuquito

Post by cuquito » Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:53 am

This is very cool news ! and i hope nothing but success to kerb for this :D
Encountersuitic Pelvic Thrust...... 96% of sheridan, kosh talks .......

Mockery

Post by Mockery » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:41 am

Good news indeed. Stoked to get all the aliens at once, since I didn't notice when mind games came out. Looking forward to wasting a good bit of time with it.

I popped out to buy it from GoG, and they're having a bit of a problem; their 'gold edition' claims to include the base game and doesn't actually. Highest rated comment is 'one star, doesn't include game it said it included, do not buy', which apparently I should have listened to. Assume it will get sorted out in short order. (Though maybe faster if the producers are leaning on them along with the customers, which is why I brought it up.)

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:43 am

Oh vey, they must have switched their builds around :roll:

Mockery

Post by Mockery » Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:46 am

Apparently it's a fad these days.

As a curious addendum, does the 'gold edition' DLC require Mind Games?

slyscorpion

Post by slyscorpion » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:51 pm

Mockery wrote:Good news indeed. Stoked to get all the aliens at once, since I didn't notice when mind games came out. Looking forward to wasting a good bit of time with it.

I popped out to buy it from GoG, and they're having a bit of a problem; their 'gold edition' claims to include the base game and doesn't actually. Highest rated comment is 'one star, doesn't include game it said it included, do not buy', which apparently I should have listened to. Assume it will get sorted out in short order. (Though maybe faster if the producers are leaning on them along with the customers, which is why I brought it up.)

It's a website bug as one of the staff explained and will get fixed shortly :)

Rwlyra

Post by Rwlyra » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:40 pm

Mecron wrote:You need MG

If you do, then someone screwed something up (at least on steam). For me Gold DLC included mindgames.

Ivan Green

Post by Ivan Green » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:44 pm

Awesome expansion :love:

BlueTemplar

Post by BlueTemplar » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:09 pm

Noooo, how am I supposed to quit video games now?!

(The DotHT song is a nice touch.)

falcongrey

Post by falcongrey » Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:07 am

OnyxShadow wrote:Does anyone know if you need Mindgames to play this, or is it sufficient to just have Sword of the Stars: The Pit? I never got around to getting the first DLC.
Mecron wrote:You need MG

You may want to head over to GamersGate and have them correct the "Requires original Sword of the Stars: the Pit installed to play" instead of saying MG. Not something that you guys are at fault with, poor explaining by GamersGate.

In all honesty, I hadn't been paying attention to the releases and stuff or playing The Pit in a while. Started playing it today, saw there was a new "GOLD DLC" with wonderful sounding content (Yes, it looks amazing!) so rushed over to GamersGate, searched for the pit GOLD and wala! Purchased it! Went to install on Steam to find it saying I was missing the 'original' game being activated... I thought strange, The Pit IS installed already through Steam... went back to GamersGate, wrote a trouble letter.... then after saw 'Mind Games DLC' and went... aw man should have gone to Kerberos and checked out Gold there FIRST! :oops:
Looks good, but have to wait until my disability finishes going through in 2 or 3 months to get Mind Games. And no, not your fault Mecron... I'm whining to whine because I can't play the Gold DLC yet for probably 2 or more months...

So yeah.... GamersGate 'System Requirements' list showing only the original "The Pit" is a tad misleading on their part for someone that doesn't know there is a previous "Mind Games" release.
It's not that we stood or fell that matters, but that we stood and faced it.

zaknafein

Post by zaknafein » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:48 pm

I was away from the forums for some time and what do I find The Pit went Gold :D bought it straight away :) loving the new characters, the hiver is really awesome :twisted: brilliant work as always

Return to “The Pit General Discussion”