What are some changes you wish never happened?

Every Colonist has heard the tales of The Pit. Some say it doesn't exist. Some say it does. All agree only a fool would go looking for it.

Moderator: Erinys

MZ0125

What are some changes you wish never happened?

Post by MZ0125 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:04 pm

There are many changes happened throughout the year of The Pit. And some of them are some what less "popular" than the others.

Let's talk about what is some of the changes that you wish has never been put in effect?

Like the pepperbox :D

THEMASTER

Re: What are some changes you wish never happened?

Post by THEMASTER » Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:49 pm

THE MASTER still thinks that any amount of floors above 30 is too much while any amount below is too little. Thirty was just the right number.
MZ0125 wrote:Like the pepperbox :D

THE MASTER misses the old shotgun-in-a-pistol because he sometimes tried to do pistol-only runs and it was his favorite weapon.

Svankensen

Post by Svankensen » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:54 pm

I miss the Marine being a good class. Thats a side effect of both psionics and the 40 floors thingie. Marine starting gear, if cared for properly, lasted him til around floor 20. Thats not even half the game now. and yeah, i believe 40 is too much. I'd rather have "challenge floors". Also miss the pepperbox being usefull. But really, i mostly feel whats missing is the option to rollback to previous versions without losing all your achievements (recipes, sotsdex, high scores). The game crashes if the recipe or message file has entries listed that dont exist in the current game. It could just ignore them you know...

MZ0125

Post by MZ0125 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:32 am

THEMASTER wrote:THE MASTER still thinks that any amount of floors above 30 is too much while any amount below is too little. Thirty was just the right number.
MZ0125 wrote:Like the pepperbox :D

THE MASTER misses the old shotgun-in-a-pistol because he sometimes tried to do pistol-only runs and it was his favorite weapon.

What was the old Pepperbox like again? 3 shot cap, for a 2 shot burst?

MZ0125

Post by MZ0125 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:39 am

Svankensen wrote:I miss the Marine being a good class. Thats a side effect of both psionics and the 40 floors thingie. Marine starting gear, if cared for properly, lasted him til around floor 20. Thats not even half the game now. and yeah, i believe 40 is too much. I'd rather have "challenge floors". Also miss the pepperbox being usefull. But really, i mostly feel whats missing is the option to rollback to previous versions without losing all your achievements (recipes, sotsdex, high scores). The game crashes if the recipe or message file has entries listed that dont exist in the current game. It could just ignore them you know...

yeah... It just feels there is too much stuff for a single run now. All the race special stuff is not really helping either.

Choice overload.

BTW, what are you trying to rollback to? the very first 3-class Pit?

Svankensen

Post by Svankensen » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:29 am

Yeah, the 3 class game was really balanced. But the 8 points for the scout were kinda wasted there. The scout now is a late blooming psion, which is great. Frankly i enjoy the actual form of the game a lot. I'd just like to play vainilla from time to time. I understand the ammount of work it would require to allow for choice tho, but patching the game to prevgent it from crashing when installing a previous version with newer version sotsdex entries would be a tad easier. Still, its a complicated issue, i meant giving support for many versions is a pain, and its not like kerberos is swimming in money. Manpower is expensive after all.

MZ0125

Post by MZ0125 » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:48 pm

Svankensen wrote:Yeah, the 3 class game was really balanced. But the 8 points for the scout were kinda wasted there. The scout now is a late blooming psion, which is great. Frankly i enjoy the actual form of the game a lot. I'd just like to play vainilla from time to time. I understand the ammount of work it would require to allow for choice tho, but patching the game to prevgent it from crashing when installing a previous version with newer version sotsdex entries would be a tad easier. Still, its a complicated issue, i meant giving support for many versions is a pain, and its not like kerberos is swimming in money. Manpower is expensive after all.

Unfortunately, the game is really not modular till late gold edition... The very original one is indeed a fun time, and I do miss it too...

There is a secret project of mine in planning, it may very likely get shot down as a public project, but it should make The Pit even better.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:00 pm

I was almost sad for a second and then I saw the pepperbox reference and it made me so happy :twisted:

Svankensen

Post by Svankensen » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:02 pm

Mecron wrote:I was almost sad for a second and then I saw the pepperbox reference and it made me so happy :twisted:

Well, it wasnt a balanced weapon either way. Still was more fun, if wastefull, on its previous incarnation.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:14 pm

8)

Return to “The Pit General Discussion”