if you can add new recipes, what would you add?

Every Colonist has heard the tales of The Pit. Some say it doesn't exist. Some say it does. All agree only a fool would go looking for it.

Moderator: Erinys

MZ0125

if you can add new recipes, what would you add?

Post by MZ0125 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:47 am

I got the machete blade one.

Casing fragment *3 + Binding

Svankensen mentioned a Structural Rod + Knife (+ maybe binding) = Spear recipe, I like it.

So what would you add? :D

Svankensen

Re: if you can add new recipes, what would you add?

Post by Svankensen » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:04 pm

Allowing some interchangable ingredients would be good, althrough it sounds boring and likely to cause some bugs. I dont believe there are 2 recipes that yield the same result, so its likely hard coded. Anyway, if it winds up being easy, i would:
- Allow aggressive antibiotics to make makeshift medkits.
- Allow modded weapons as ingredients (No mod stacking tho!).

I also think a recipe for cooking random biomods or mutagens would be cool. Probably mutagens, omni gland, primordial soup and living steel patch for the biomod, and adrenal gland, mutagens, aggressive antibiotics and nanomeds x2 for the boosts. Then again, i dont know if the recipe system can spawn random stuff without some serious meddling.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:38 am

interchangeable ingredients is a nightmare in the current engine, the P2 will support it though.

MZ0125

Post by MZ0125 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:02 am

Svankensen wrote:Allowing some interchangable ingredients would be good, althrough it sounds boring and likely to cause some bugs. I dont believe there are 2 recipes that yield the same result, so its likely hard coded. Anyway, if it winds up being easy, i would:
- Allow aggressive antibiotics to make makeshift medkits.
- Allow modded weapons as ingredients (No mod stacking tho!).

These should be possible. Wonder if P2 will have a JA2 style accessory system for weapons?

MZ0125

Post by MZ0125 » Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:19 am

Mecron wrote:interchangeable ingredients is a nightmare in the current engine, the P2 will support it though.

Time to get the money ready then :D

Return to “The Pit General Discussion”