Active Stims?

Every Colonist has heard the tales of The Pit. Some say it doesn't exist. Some say it does. All agree only a fool would go looking for it.

Moderator: Erinys

nicholizard

Active Stims?

Post by nicholizard » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:24 pm

Has anyone actually found this item? It's listed on the Japanese Pit wiki http://wikiwiki.jp/sotsthepit/?%B0%E5%CC%F4%C9%CA as a non-craftable item that prevents unconsciousness for 30 turns. I have gold edition with all the DLC and have never seen it. Maybe bugged?

This would be a must-carry for me since you never know when the next floor's start room will have some zuul just waiting to toss a grenade your way and basically insta-kill you.

Ciurrioc

Re: Active Stims?

Post by Ciurrioc » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:41 pm

jeez there are alot of items i've never come across to date :googly: and yeah I have all the DLC like you.
I've only ever seen things like pain killers and vitamins, the stuff like Advanced med-kits I've never seen before.
Has seen the Cover of the fabled Mecronomicon

"Who's hands shape what is"

Been around since 07...forum ate my account...rip 8/3/13

Svankensen

Post by Svankensen » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:44 am

I have seen every other item in that list but the active stims, i have a good 500+ hours logged in this game (and i used to play gog before, so prolly double that). I'd say bugged, but then again, I have gotten the rare elixir of the immortal only twice in that time. Also, it would be a valuable item for certain rooms in the 40th floor. I have died to unconsciousness a few times, and it would be nice if there were consumables that helped, instead of depending on a durable contained item dropping.

nicholizard

Post by nicholizard » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:10 pm

Good to know it's not just me. There are several items I've never come across, like half the heavy armors/weapons. But those are super rare so it doesn't seem odd. Still waiting for a machine gun run. :twisted: But this seems like it would be common in the medical lockers or something.

skugge

Post by skugge » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:25 pm

nicholizard wrote:Good to know it's not just me. There are several items I've never come across, like half the heavy armors/weapons. But those are super rare so it doesn't seem odd. Still waiting for a machine gun run. :twisted: But this seems like it would be common in the medical lockers or something.

I found the machine gun many times with rapari. He could have a higher drop rate perhaps since he can use it without special armor? Cant tell for sure but i definately have found it most with him.

Svankensen

Post by Svankensen » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:33 am

Nah, its just that the heavy ones are rare and drop in deep floors. I've had all the machineguns, all of them are pretty damn usefull, but the light one takes the price for how common its ammo is and just having a might requirement (albeit a high one). A superb weapon.

Anyway, back to the OT, I havent ever seen any of the rare spears (Harvester and lemurian spear). I havent seen any of the Liche's Heavy armors (Reliquary and sarcophagus), the frost gloves, Guldai Warplate and Razor armor. The last 3 i should have probably seen. As i say i probably have over a 1000 hours played, most with the relevant DLCs

nicholizard

Post by nicholizard » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:23 pm

Wow after looking at the wiki there are a quite a few armors I haven't seen! The only one you mentioned that I did get was one of the lich heavy armors. Amazingly I got it while playing as the lich. Only ended up using it for long treks since I couldn't wear carry claws with it though, haha.

On the one hand it's nice that even after playing as long as we all have that there's the possibility of seeing something new. Finding my one and only SOTS when playing the liir was amazing. On the other...it feels like the rares are just too rare. Maybe if those late game weapon vaults didn't just drop useless garbage half the time...

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:55 am

or maybe the word "rare" has meaning :P

Svankensen

Post by Svankensen » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:37 pm

Man, you really hate achievement hunters dont you? I dont think anyone will ever get all achievements in the pit. Maybe making an achievement based on getting 2 specific rare items with a particular species was a tad evil. Then again, its as unlikely as winning Seriously!? with the marine, and I'd feel cheated if somehow I managed to do it and i didn't get an achievement. The Lord of war is pretty unachievable too, considering that you craft aykays around the middle of a run, and most likely in 1/3rd of them only. Lets say thats around the 5 hour mark. Thats 300 runs at 5 hours each (and assuming you die on the 5 hour mark precisely, which is quite unlikely). Thats some 1500 hours of play for that achievement.

Say Mecron (i know nothing of playtesting and just the tiniest bit of coding), how can you know that the rarest of items are dropping correctly? I know you've corrected drop rate bugs before, so im betting you have a way of doing that? Do you "just" code dive and make some simulations?

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Mon Oct 17, 2016 12:57 pm

Math...its not just a good idea.

nicholizard

Post by nicholizard » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:49 pm

Speaking of rare...got any news about Pit 2, Mecron? :D

Return to “The Pit General Discussion”