Sots mini series -Per Ardua Ad Astra

Searchers after fiction haunt strange, far places.

Moderator: Erinys

U.E.D.C.

Sots mini series -Per Ardua Ad Astra

Post by U.E.D.C. » Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:09 am

Hey Dog soldiers! With SOTS ][ on the way, I thought I'd try to keep the anticipation down by making a Sots machinima mini series.

Since this is going to focus on the human perspective, I thought Solforce's motto would be an appropriate title. I'm uploading the trailer right now, and I have the first real episode done, just need my voice actors to record their lines. Hopefully it'll turn out ok :thumbsup:
I'll post the links as I put up the videos.

By the way, how should I give credit if I where to use the the sots combat music (which I assume isn't a problem, given the Dev's general stance towards this kind of stuff)
Let me know what you think :thumbsup:

Links:
Playlist: http://www.youtube.com/user/MysteryPigProduction?feature=mhsn#p/c/7E38E3CB5E6EC23E/0/UAkFGEUKyLM
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAkFGEUKyLM
Ep1-First Contact at Serenity: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6oXjr_F9Dg
Ep2- The Battle of Tau Ceti: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ18P-EJpCo
Last edited by U.E.D.C. on Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Mecron wrote:"Hah! We rule the earth!!! Space is stupid anyway!"

marshb

Re: Sots mini series -Per Ardua Ad Astra

Post by marshb » Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:32 pm

Nicely Done! :thumbsup: Can't wait for more.
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

U.E.D.C.

Post by U.E.D.C. » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:35 pm

Thanks Marshb :thumbsup: Glad you liked it.
EP1 is up. Truth be told filming doesnt take very long, its doing the audio thats the problem. After a lot of headaches with my voice actors, I went ahead and did all the VA myself. Hopefully the I'll get things planned better for the next ep.

marshb

Post by marshb » Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:46 pm

Humph! Actors... pretentious peacocks the lot of them! ;p

Great job. Sorry your having troubles with the help. ;) Keep it up!

Love the Firefly references.
Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb, we are bound to others. Past and present. And by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.

Orison of Sonmi-451

U.E.D.C.

Post by U.E.D.C. » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:02 pm

episode 2 is now up, just waiting for it to process. Sorry about the long wait, I've been distracted with the school year starting up again. I'll try and get some sort of reasonable pace set up for the next videos. I'm planning on having the finale around ep 5, but dont quote me on that. There could be more ;)

balti knights

Post by balti knights » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:19 pm

Wow..how did I miss these, they are fantastic. I think the 2nd contact film is just amazing. I would like to offer my voice if you need it, (well spoken englishman)....looking forward to the next instalment. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible. Arthur C. Clarke.

U.E.D.C.

Post by U.E.D.C. » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:44 pm

Glad you liked it Balti :thumbsup:
It would be my pleasure to work with you. Anyone else interested PM me and I'll get back to you ASAP :thumbsup:

Mr.Weasel

Post by Mr.Weasel » Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:02 pm

Hey this is pretty good, nice camera work and I think you guys pulled off the military style voice acting very nicely.
There are some spots where the framerate of the video gets a bit low, not sure what to suggest but other than that very nice.

Heh, makes me wonder if I could pull off a Zuul voice actually after hearing all your own voice work...I should try that sometime
A wild weasel has appeared.

marshb

Post by marshb » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:04 pm

Another great episode. Can't wait for the next one!! :thumbsup:

Wish I could contribute but I can't stand the sound of my own voice and wouldn't dream of inflicting it on anyone else. :oops:

Orison of Sonmi-451

balti knights

Post by balti knights » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:27 pm

Very nice indeed.. :thumbsup:
The only way of finding the limits of the possible is by going beyond them into the impossible. Arthur C. Clarke.

U.E.D.C.

Post by U.E.D.C. » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:30 am

Well Marshb I don't like the sound of my voice, but it seems to be working for everyone else so.... :lol:

As far as the frame rate goes, the most likely cause is my heavy use of drones and DF racks. I'll switch up the weapons for a slightly more fps friendly load out.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying it :thumbsup: I'll keep it up, maybe turn it into a full on series ala Galactica reboot. :D If my laptop can handle it, I'll do some work in SOTS ][ ..... thats a big if though :?

Fraps will definately be purchased shortly*

"shortly" is a subjective term, and may or may not refer to a time before and/or after the heat death of the universe

Return to “Fiction”