Solforce in Honorverse

Searchers after fiction haunt strange, far places.

Moderator: Erinys

Civ001

Solforce in Honorverse

Post by Civ001 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:09 am

So I don't know much about the Honorverse or Nothing at all but I was wondering more about this Honorverse and I may check it out and in my SOTS weapons compairing to other Sci fi verse thread there was a user that said that SOTS technology would go great in the Honorverse and I was wondering how would Solforce be in the Honorverse? I am not sure if VS debates are alowed in this forum (Moderators feel free to move this) but I was just wondering about several of the following topics about these situations here is what I would like to know.

What would happen if a ROB (Reality Omnipoint Being) decides he want's to take all of Solforce and place them in the Honorverse? How would the following scenarios turn out?
Scenario 1
Early Game: In this scenario Solforce has early game technologys and only has 10 things researched and has 10 worlds but a few basic ships
Mid game: Has 50% of the things researched and has 50 worlds and has a lot more ships and some crusiers
Late game: All Technology is researched and has 100 worlds and has thousands or ships and many starsystems
So with all of these how will the humans from SOTS do in the Honorverse?

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Re: Solforce in Honorverse

Post by Erinys » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:03 am

Err...I don't think the comparison is very fair to the Honorverse, to be honest.

Honor Harrington is trapped in a universe modeled on the socio-political scheme and the fleet actions of the late 18th and early 19th centuries. Sol Force and the SotSverse in general is not nearly so disciplined. Ergo Sol Force would probably mop the floor with any fleet in the Honorverse at any time. Not because their tech is wonderful, but because Honor's humans have to fight with both hands tied behind their backs, their feet bound in chains, a blind-fold...and a corset.

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

Mightypeon

Post by Mightypeon » Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:02 pm

I think the SOTS verse and Solforce are showing vastly more creativity in blowing up stuff too, Honorverse warfare largely consist of rockets, with ship to ship action being rarer,
I would therefor also bet on SoTsverse, not to forget that Solforce has already fought a number of very different threats, while Honorverse navies only fight humans.

The_Unificator

Post by The_Unificator » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:19 pm

with 10 or 20 SolForce DNs like the "Sword of the Stars" Human DN any enemy fleet will be defeated without much problem, because the DNs have so much firepower and are incredible resistant what it will be impossible to any Honorverse ship destroy them

thats my opinion, but of course like in :sots1: they can be destroyed if you massively outnumbered them
An Argentinian SolForce Captain awaiting new orders

DervMan

Post by DervMan » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:33 pm

Throw in some Energy Absorbers... ;)

The_Unificator

Post by The_Unificator » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:58 pm

DervMan wrote:Throw in some Energy Absorbers... ;)

any SolForce ship worth of that name :) should have some particle beams, lancers and some Cutting Beam that is all you need to destroy the enemy, the rest are just fancy little things :lol:
An Argentinian SolForce Captain awaiting new orders

Return to “Fiction”