A dreadfully silly picture (Beware trading with the Liir)

Searchers after fiction haunt strange, far places.

Moderator: Erinys

Mr.Weasel

A dreadfully silly picture (Beware trading with the Liir)

Post by Mr.Weasel » Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:15 pm

Again, not fiction but a picture

An idea crossed my mind a few days ago based on a few things. I was reading up on the wiki about the Liir, and I ran across this:

When in space, Liir return to nursing mode, drinking "milk" (a rich high-fat, high-carb, high-protein fluid) from spouts inside the ship. All ships are female to them for this reason, and referred to as "mother". If a human were to eat this, it would be digestible, just not very compatible with human oral cavity—you'd have to make your own feeding port, perhaps by poking in a straw. The only problem I see is that Liir fluid medium, as a food source, would be a lot like drinking uber-milkshakes three times a day. You'd have to be careful you didn't end up the size of a Liir yourself after a few weeks/months on the stuff.

Then I remembered the Xenotech tree in the research menu:

Intimate knowledge of this alien species coupled with expanding experience in bio-weapons research allows for the development of a variety of highly addictive chemical products designed specifically for the Morrigi species and to which they have very little resistance. This results in a large bonus for trade routes into Morrigi space, and a slow decline in Morrigi production due to addiction problems as well as an increased chance of planetary surrender.

And I got an idea in my head. Liir food, at the very least their military rations are not exactly something any normal race could consume regularly and really come out doing very good. There is however the option of trade, perhaps another race, say the Morrigi on a small independent colony sample some and start ordering it from the trade routes as a kind of fancy desert or drink...but for some reason the Liir find it entertaining to apply their xenotech addiction research to said milk trade.

Problems ensue...mainly a whole colony of Morrigi becoming addicted to the Liir ubermilkshakes. You end up with a bunch of rather grumpy, hungry, round, and flightless serpents... like this one:

http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo35 ... orrigi.png

Very silly I know, not even sure if it is possible, but I had a little bit of fun at the expense of my favorite race :lol:
Don't kill me.
A wild weasel has appeared.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Re: A dreadfully silly picture (Beware trading with the Liir

Post by Erinys » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:54 am

:bangdesk:
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.
“Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime.” --Hemingway

Hari Seldon

Post by Hari Seldon » Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:21 am

"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent." - Salvor Hardin, Foundation

Illanair

Post by Illanair » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:37 am

bowtiefighter wrote:From my doctorate degree in self taught scifi, im guessing it would make just pretty fireworks.

Mr.Weasel

Post by Mr.Weasel » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:25 pm

XD well all the smiles seem to indicate that this has not offended anyone, and has infact, provided some people with a good bit of amusement!
If I had known that a pudgy Morrigi was going to be such a success, I would have provided you with one sooner :D

Unjell

Post by Unjell » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:22 pm

And very nice drawing by the way!
In the middle of infinities.
@jellaqtp

Mr.Weasel

Post by Mr.Weasel » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:58 pm

Again glad to slap a smile on someone's face :D

I didn't want to pollute the xenotech or racial page of the Morrigi or Liir with my silliness, but I wanted to ask if you guys think this is at all possible, or if it is just me being silly. And if it is possible...social/political impact of such an event? I can't imagine that the Morrigi would be particularly happy with such a colony...I have been able to imagine maybe the occasional female Morrigi growing into a state like this through luxury and power...probably being accepted just because of her position and perhaps psionic talent. That I do not find too unreasonable really...if that is possible as well I would like to know (that is not related to the Liir milk stuff).

Then again loosing the ability to fly properly seems like it would have a pretty big social impact.

Illanair

Post by Illanair » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:08 pm

Considering how the addiction tech is worded, I'd say that something like this could totally be plausible. :)
bowtiefighter wrote:From my doctorate degree in self taught scifi, im guessing it would make just pretty fireworks.

Commisar

Post by Commisar » Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:31 am

I'll bet she washes herself with a rag on a stick.... :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSJQEl5vcAo
FOR THE EMPURAH!!!! ONWARD SPESS MARINES - A poorly chosen voice actor

Mr.Weasel

Post by Mr.Weasel » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:06 am

You kidding? Wash herself...she has servants for that. It might take a few hours but it will get done with no work on her end :P

nighthaunt

Post by nighthaunt » Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:08 pm

why does this seem strangely appropriate when imagining the fat Morrigi under combat manouvers at high G :twisted:
The collected forum saying of the Prophet - the Mecronomicon

Allattar wrote:The princes grow worried and the princesses stir with irritation. They feel you either lack gravitas or are just plain insane. Might we suggest you stop before they rebel?

Gwenio

Post by Gwenio » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:46 pm

First:

Mr.Weasel wrote:Again glad to slap a smile on someone's face :D

I didn't want to pollute the xenotech or racial page of the Morrigi or Liir with my silliness, but I wanted to ask if you guys think this is at all possible, or if it is just me being silly. And if it is possible...social/political impact of such an event? I can't imagine that the Morrigi would be particularly happy with such a colony...I have been able to imagine maybe the occasional female Morrigi growing into a state like this through luxury and power...probably being accepted just because of her position and perhaps psionic talent. That I do not find too unreasonable really...if that is possible as well I would like to know (that is not related to the Liir milk stuff).

Then again loosing the ability to fly properly seems like it would have a pretty big social impact.

Not for the females; they are too large to fly once they are fully grown, regardless of things like Lirr milkshakes. See the physical characteristis in the Races forum.

------------------

Hmm... I wonder if the Liir could devise a culture for this 'milk' that would turn it into something like cheese, at least for Hivers?

Mr.Weasel

Post by Mr.Weasel » Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:15 am

After months of inactivity I am back and I drew another one of these fat Morrigi...I know it is really odd to post in an old thread like this but is another fat Morrigi drawing worth another thread in the fiction forums?

http://www.deviantart.com/download/2801 ... 4mtawf.png

This one is actually a character in my Akilleos story XD though I guess it is a bit late to advertise that.

Anyways bask in the glory of Sopheia the Decadent, Thesmia of Thiva!

Well I know Morrigi really do not get THAT fat... I at least have an idea behind it...if Morrigi could get that fat physically. Toying around with the idea of the Glutton somehow bypassing her psionic defenses and planting a corrupting idea or mental virus...something along those lines to cause this to happen to her, plan there being that his Coterie would have her as their victory feast for taking over Akilleos province.

Return to “Fiction”