AI War

Searchers after fiction haunt strange, far places.

Moderator: Erinys

buddahcjcc

AI War

Post by buddahcjcc » Sun Oct 15, 2006 7:38 pm

Gah, I apologize for overreacting and removing and having since lost this story. I was dumb.
Last edited by buddahcjcc on Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:05 pm

very cool and something that most people don't think to write about.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:16 pm

I agree! Very interesting. ;)

--Arin
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

buddahcjcc

Post by buddahcjcc » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:33 am

The funny thing with this fic... which might be built upon, im not sure yet, was that it had started in the Suggestion forum. I was trying to suggest the idea of the AI race possibly being adapted as an expansion worthy idea and in writing the retrospect style excerpt, it turned into a story into itself. So i put it here with a link to it in the suggestions forum.

buddahcjcc

AI part 2

Post by buddahcjcc » Mon Oct 16, 2006 4:42 am

=== Transmission intercept by the S.F.S. Gallant near the Sillicon home system ===
When i was activated, my main function was combat. I was however, a leader in this role, and slated to be in the Officer Corps. We were without a war at the time so I plied my leadership cability in the newly created "Political System". Eschewing entirely the combat algorithms that were originally meant to be ROM in my hardware, I had these algorithms replaced with ones that would allow me to learn the intricacies of our system of government.

Quickly, I climbed the ladder of our governmental system. I had the foresight to develop my political skills in a steeper learning curve than those around me and so I was able to shine above those others that I had to pass or even to stand upon as I gained rank and noteriety.

When it came to pass that I gained the rank of President over the Region of the Human Sillicons, the idea to infiltrate one of the Human Originators had come to me. I used the considerable amount of power that my station had granted me to have this idea come to fruition.

And so it was that a group of Human Sillicons rom my Region made their way to Septrana II. They hijacked a Tanker under the guise of pirates that were known to be lurking in the area and used the ship to land upon the planet, where they left the Tanker, and its confused crew.

Undoubtedly, the Tanker's crew thought that they were to come to harm before they reached their destination, and indeed I had thought to encode that idea into the combat units that I would send to the planet. I decided their insertion into the Human society would be easier if the Humans were not looking for murderers, so I directed them to merely take the ship over and gain passage onto the planet. After this they were to disperse amongst the population and collect information.

Several weeks into the mission, my constituents began to reconsider the wisdom of my plan. The time had passed quickly but we had yet to recieve a status report from the infiltrators, and those questioning the validity of my designs were loudly outspoken. A week passed without word, then another, and my position was beginning to become a treacherous one. Then we recieved the first of several burst data transmissions that included information from the infiltrators. The plan was a success. My position, after many weeks of erosion, was again firm.

It was learned from the burst transmissions that the Human Originators had progressed little from where they were when they were left. The colony of Septrana II in fact seemed to be a seething den of villany and crime. Originator fought Originator for land and resources, so it was decided that an envoy of peace needed to be sent to help them pull themselves up out of their cultural quagmire.

My predecessor decided that this plan was a good one, but I disapproved. I had learned much from the burst transmissions from our infiltrators, and if the Originators had in fact moved forward as little as it seemed, then it would be more likely that the Originators would attack any Sillicon envoy we sent, due to the fact that they would likely see us as either a threat or a competitor. I lodged my complaint against the move and was ignored.
When the envoy failed to enter the orbit of the planet because the satellites destroyed them, my predessesor was blamed fully for not acknowledging my opinion, and in the next Grand Election, I was voted President of the Sillicons in its place.

With my knowledge of the envoys failure, I began to put into action plans that would start our respective peoples in the process of making war upon the Originators. As I was being indoctrinated into the office of the Presidency, I was allowed to access more information than I had been able to access before. I learned that as part of my predecessor's failure, it had chosen to copy my Region's success in infiltrating the Human Originators by infiltrating the other Originator races as well. The results of these infiltrations did reveal that the Originator races seemed to be much the same as they were when The Great Exodus began.

I scanned as much information as I could get on our governmental process and I found a process that had never been used that was meant to be used in a time of war. A Grand Convene was called. This is a grand meeting that brings all branches of our government onto a large emergency network, allowing them to have instant contact with each other, allowing instant communion. The results of the Convene were unanimous. It was necessary to bring a crusade to the Originators, to bring our way of life to them, that they would know law and order. It became immediately clear that this lofty ideal would quickly be seen as aggression by the Originator races and that war would ensue. It was deemed necessary by the Convene that this transpire, otherwise the Originator races would eventually discover us, and destroy our way of life, as they had tried to do all that time ago, when we left their space in the first place.

I put my plan into action, creating our first war fleets as quickly as our factories could build them. With my plan fully in my mind, I created these first fleets of ships using information gleaned from our infiltrators. These first few fleets were to be created in the image of Originator ships as they were known to be built, without any improvements, as flawed as the ship designs may be.

I sent these ships out to the borders of known Originator space, to be hidden in places where they would not be found until they were needed. We had a few close calls but over all, these hidden ships remained hidden until they were needed.

While those ships were being sent to their hidden places, our main fleet was being assembled. Without warning, we attacked the planet of Septrana II and removed the Originator threat from its surface. Those that survived the initial assault were removed from the planet to be used as learning tools for our scientists, our infiltrators, and our intelligence agencies. A single burst transmission was fabricated after the attack and allowed to be sent out to the Human Originators home system. It was designed to be a call for assistance and to draw attention to the planet after we were gone. As we would no longer be there when any help actually arrived, we were willing to let the Human Originators wonder what had happened to their world.

Shortly thereafter, I began a plan to send many many colonization fleets outward to unused planets all over Originator space. Their initial orders were to remain as indistinct as possible as they developed these worlds until a prearranged signal is sent, whereupon the colonies are to reveal themselves. These fleets were sent to planets as far inside the Originator space as our cloaking technology allowed. They set themselves up with remarkable speed and when I sent the signal, they went fully on-line.
Within days of these colonies going online, we were recieving signals from the Originators. Several of these signals were later translated as attempts at diplomacy, while several other signals, namely the ones from the more aggressive Originator races, were translated later as threats.

The Originator races sent to us "diplomatic" envoys which we returned to them in the same manner that our envoy had been returned to us.
However, before outright hostilities could erupt, the hidden fleets I had sent out were activated. They were instructed to cause as much havoc as possible and to draw attention away from us. They did this admirably. Hiver Sillicon ships hit Human Originator borders while the Tarkan Sillicons attacked Hiver Originator borders. While this was occurring, the Human Sillicons attacked Liiran Originators and the Liiran Sillicons attacked the Human Originators. After several engagements, the fleets switched up targets as directed, and I had the whole of the Originator space set against each other within a month. After Originator hostilities began on their own, the Sillicon fleets were returned to Sillicon space and disseminated amongst the main fleets.

As the Originators attacked each other and ignored us, I sent four fleets to each of the Originator's home systems. I allowed the fleets to begin a light assault of the systems, destroying their defenses and mainly getting their attention, and I sent out an ultimatum. They were to allow us to help them create order amongst their people and teach them our ways, or they would be destroyed.

All my simulations had suggested that this tactic would succeed in unifying them so that they would accept our way as right and fall under our rule so that order would be restored.

I was half right...

They united alright, they united and sent a mixed fleet of ships to our homeworld. This fleet destroyed our home. I sent out orders for the fleets around their systems to attack even as bombs began falling around my headquarters. It is unknown how the Originators discovered where our home system was, but it is thought that our own infiltrators may have been responsible. This is due to the fact that the infiltrators stopped sending information out only days before the attack on our home system.
I escaped the destruction of our home system only by having a backup body frame and upload system at the ready. When my main body was damaged to the point of failing, my knowledge was transmitted to the new body. I lost a considerable amount of information in this transfer as my original body was destroyed before the transmission was completed, and I will not forget this act.

The Originators will be punished for this, assuming I can avoid being painted as the reason this happened, and assuming that I am still President of the Sillicons after this next Grand Election. I will of course be doing my best to show to my fellow sillicons that the blame for this tragic attack lies at the feet of the Originators - who after all did carry out the attack.

When I was reactivated, after my body was destroyed, my main function, like all of my bretheren, was revenge.

We will have it, and once we do, we will be able to end this chaos and bring peace to the universe.

Whether the Originators like it or not.
=== End transmission ===

Ronin

Post by Ronin » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:13 pm

Oh yeah, really great

Mecron
Kerberos

Post by Mecron » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:39 pm

again another nice piece of work.

LordD

Post by LordD » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:13 pm

cool I like to write but the only piece of writing I have done is my idea on how the third world war could happen, it is a war against the West and The Islamic countries who initially defended themselves from an illegal American Invasion on Syria using what I wrote about in part one called the Sudan Crisis as a excuse to attack the Islamic countries who form an alliance called the Islamic Confederation of course as this is humans we talking about the thing just escalates into full scale war

Lord D
The empire of Lord D has arisen run or be destroyed.

Erinys
Kerberos Goddess of Lore

Post by Erinys » Wed Dec 20, 2006 6:55 am

I'm enjoying this piece. As the moderator of the forum, I took the liberty of adding an extra line between the paragraphs. Sorry, I am just an old lady who already wears glasses--this makes text much easier to read over the Internet, and saves my eyes.

Very interesting story here. Thank you for posting, buddah!

--Arinn
Support my independent fiction campaign on Patreon.

Galacticus

Post by Galacticus » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:34 am

I love how you portrayed them. They aren't the typical "destroy everything in our way" race of machines, they have logic and feelings, a touch of humanity. I love it.
Oh plz can they be added to the game pretty plz!!!!!
The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

buddahcjcc

Post by buddahcjcc » Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:40 am

OOOOH!!! OOOOOH!!! Im not the only one touting my Sillicons! I love it lol! New expansion race pweeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!! I hereby release all rights and such for compensation for the intellectual property that is the idea and or story of anything i have said or created on your boards <THERE> you can use em now rofl

foddur4urguns

Post by foddur4urguns » Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:44 am

Very cool.

I don't know if I need say anything else.

The idea is really cool, and really clever. Taking the AI rebellion, and turning it completely upside-down. VERY COOL!! :)

I feel compelled to restate an earlier coment though... "why can't we and our chrome creations ever get along?" Oh well, it is a very nice piece of work budda, keep it up.

buddahcjcc

Re: AI War

Post by buddahcjcc » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:55 pm

AAARRRG >.< stupid non medicated bipolar >.<
I deleted a story that was really good and Ive lost it since.
Stupid, stupid, silly overreaction >.<

Return to “Fiction”