SotS roleplay!!! DOODELY DOO!

Searchers after fiction haunt strange, far places.

Moderator: Erinys

halo07guy

Post by halo07guy » Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:11 am

Which is precisely where Ghost Fleet (Kane's Stealthed Fleet) was. The primary defense fleet exits through anoter node leading to the Neutral Zone (Area no empire controls, uncharted territory, pirates, crime, etc.). A few nodes lead to SolForce territory, but Ghost fleet can escape through any node, basically node-hopping to rebel territory.
Your world can end in the blink of an eye. One event, one unexpected twist of fate... and suddenly the world as you knew... is gone. Forever. All that you held dear, all that you held close... is washed away in a sea of distant memory. Life... is cruel. Of this I have no doubt. But life continues on... with, or without you. One can only hope that one leaves behind a lasting legacy.

R.I.P. Allison Mohney and Jared May

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:14 pm

Still takes time. It's not like nodes just happen to be situated right under wherever your fleet is - you have to travel to the nodes.

And the Primary Defense Fleet wasn't near any node IIRC, and it can't just go undetected.
halo07guy wrote: Praise be to Trashman! All will revel in his holy modding skillz!
And I say onto you: Blessed are those who play my mods - for they are good!

Master

Post by Master » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:36 pm

Proposal: We edit the last two posts (Athlon27 and mine).
Beginning from my single last post and the next situation:
-Solforce at the nearest node-point.
-Rebels on the way to another node-point in the system (far away, so still in the system for some time)
-Tarka fleet preparing to engage(in system, but not fighting)
-Liir are somewhere out there: cloaked, but out of sensor range. probably close to the tarka fleet.

Anyone dissagrees?
"The next best thing to have after a reliable ally is a predictable enemy"

Athlon27

Post by Athlon27 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:02 pm

... how about I just act like i'm talking to myself and my comms down, with out Keith Realizing until his finishes...
I don't accept Cowardice, for its why strong men die as the weak hide.

Railgunner2160

Post by Railgunner2160 » Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:37 pm

Why not use the VN Berserker instead of the Locusts???
The Gray Coats Are Coming!! - The Terran Confedrancy

Athlon27

Post by Athlon27 » Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:47 pm

I believe he have died in a flailing ball of FIRE... I had to admit it sry guys...
I don't accept Cowardice, for its why strong men die as the weak hide.

Master

Re: SotS roleplay!!! DOODELY DOO!

Post by Master » Fri May 16, 2008 10:43 am

Rest in peace SotS roleplay :cry: :cry:

Here dies what was probably the most populair and one of the longest lasting threads.
It was fun as long as it lasted, but it's really dead this time...

Anyway, who's interested in a new story? Perhaps a little better organized and less character VS character fighting this time?
"The next best thing to have after a reliable ally is a predictable enemy"

halo07guy

Post by halo07guy » Sat May 17, 2008 2:41 am

No, I'm pretty sure that most of us have just been too busy to post. I know I have. Or, were all waiting on someone else to post...
Your world can end in the blink of an eye. One event, one unexpected twist of fate... and suddenly the world as you knew... is gone. Forever. All that you held dear, all that you held close... is washed away in a sea of distant memory. Life... is cruel. Of this I have no doubt. But life continues on... with, or without you. One can only hope that one leaves behind a lasting legacy.

R.I.P. Allison Mohney and Jared May

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan » Sat May 17, 2008 11:03 am

Yup...the whole thing kinda got confusing all of a sudden.
halo07guy wrote: Praise be to Trashman! All will revel in his holy modding skillz!
And I say onto you: Blessed are those who play my mods - for they are good!

Jerawolfe

Tried to follow the bouncing ball...

Post by Jerawolfe » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:44 pm

... but it was kinda like a rubber grenade.

I read through the first three or four pages of this. It sounded interesting.

At the end of the four pages, I started skimming pages, and skipping a couple.

I got up to 20 or so, and still had only seen one story post. All the others, were, well... arguments.

It sounded like a neat idea, but unless I wanted to follow the story by working out what was going on from the arguments (I didn't), it didn't hold my interest. And my attention span is a bit longer than most when I hear the words "story" or "roleplay".

I might make one little suggestion, from back in my days of IRC roleplay. One room for story, one room for OOC and dice, or whatever you use to work out your decisions.

That way, those interested in the story could... you know... read it?

Just a thought.

Jera

Slasher
Platinum Post

Post by Slasher » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:36 pm

The lack of "story posts" is because they where in another thread, this one was the OC thread.

Im afraid its long dead though...

Athlon2736

Post by Athlon2736 » Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:53 pm

Slasher wrote:The lack of "story posts" is because they where in another thread, this one was the OC thread.

Im afraid its long dead though...

Well since my last account got closed i'll be using this one now... And if he's willing to do it I am too. We'll start a new, strong then before...
The meaning of victory is not ot merely to defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnent of his endeavours, to crush his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existance. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of Victory.

Return to “Fiction”