SotS roleplay!!! DOODELY DOO!

Searchers after fiction haunt strange, far places.

Moderator: Erinys

Master

Post by Master » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:01 pm

Who dissapeared? I wouldn't know, since I wasn't here... :P

Seriously, I think the problem of this story is that everone began throwing massive fleets at each other; fighting characters is a bit of a problem, because nobody wants his/her character dead. I could try to kickstart the thread again by introducing a common enemy (liir, grand menace or something else).
"The next best thing to have after a reliable ally is a predictable enemy"

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:44 pm

I guess it stopped because nobody knew how to continue..

There area few players that keep coming and going, a few I wouldn't mind seeing back and a few that have been constantly here.

This story can continue, however, before we go any further we must decide what the result of the battle will be. Introducing a grand menace might not be a bad idea, but the problem with GM's is they are bland...faceless...no character development... 2D villians if you get my drift.

anywayz, discus people.
halo07guy wrote: Praise be to Trashman! All will revel in his holy modding skillz!
And I say onto you: Blessed are those who play my mods - for they are good!

Sevain

Post by Sevain » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:51 pm

In my most humble opinion:

the full might of SolForce>>rebel forces

The tricksters do not fare well in a fair and square slugfest.

Athlon27

Post by Athlon27 » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:42 pm

Yawn I finalyy reawoke and posted, :oops: sry for being away for so long
I don't accept Cowardice, for its why strong men die as the weak hide.

halo07guy

Post by halo07guy » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:21 am

I'm suggesting that we bring in the Locust... that should make for an interesting post.
Your world can end in the blink of an eye. One event, one unexpected twist of fate... and suddenly the world as you knew... is gone. Forever. All that you held dear, all that you held close... is washed away in a sea of distant memory. Life... is cruel. Of this I have no doubt. But life continues on... with, or without you. One can only hope that one leaves behind a lasting legacy.

R.I.P. Allison Mohney and Jared May

Sevain

Post by Sevain » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:58 pm

Grand menaces aren't exactly sneaky. If one manages to catch a fleet full of deep scan ships by surprise everyone watching the sensors ought to be summarily executed for amazing stupidity.

harperbrad

Post by harperbrad » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:30 pm

Those locust hiver worlds somehow manage to sneak into the core of my planet...
--HarperBrad
Image Image Image

Master

Post by Master » Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:02 pm

I didn't say What was comming. Perhaps it's the Crow Armada? A new and even more dangerous GM?
I'm sure that we can think of something that's evil and dangerous enough.

Master

Post by Master » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:29 pm

A few questions before continuing the story:
1. How long are the tarkas and the menace engaged and are we going to play the conversation between me (apparently a tarka admiral) and the other commanders?
2. Is the menace a locust world as suggested, or is it something else to make it defeatable by our current tech level and possible that it sneaked on the two armadas?
3. What's going to happen in the battle? Great defeat? A just-in-time victory? Inprovisation?

Athlon27

Post by Athlon27 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:02 pm

Well...
Answer #1 Kane left, Maxwells is probalby going to join in the conversation, don't know about the Liir and I hope to join you guys for this fight andhelp you guys out, if possible. Also you guys could have been fighting this things for years and not have enfromed any race out side of the Tarkan Emprie resulting in the Civil War.
Answer #2 Have No clue you guys have been fighting this thing for maybe 10 years and still haven't beaten it. I Would pefer a Spraky or a Locust world.
Answer #3: I'm think that we get defeat in three systems and we notice in the third system that it has a weak spot in its defences and attack it as it reaches Terra, Maybe a 3 defeat and a just in the nick of time vicory at the end... that would be good
I don't accept Cowardice, for its why strong men die as the weak hide.

Master

Post by Master » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:49 pm

I'll keep alling it 'it' and 'the thing' for now until we find a better name. I think it's best if we say it is 'something else' this way we can make up what it can/can't etc.
In the meantime: I'll make sure the humans get something to do for now. :twisted:

halo07guy

Post by halo07guy » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:17 pm

Maybe if we make it a hybrid Locust Hive World/Puppetmaster?

The only rebel ships you'll find will be derelicts or ones preping to blow their drives. You might find a few waiting to enter nodespace, the majority will have jumped by the time any other fleet gets there.
Your world can end in the blink of an eye. One event, one unexpected twist of fate... and suddenly the world as you knew... is gone. Forever. All that you held dear, all that you held close... is washed away in a sea of distant memory. Life... is cruel. Of this I have no doubt. But life continues on... with, or without you. One can only hope that one leaves behind a lasting legacy.

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:55 pm

WTF is this? WTF is this?

People, ever heard of a thing called STORY FLOW?
You canb't hijack my character in a middle of a conversation. You can't fast forward hte time suddenly without the current event being resolved.

How did we jump from "locust arrived, tarka commander calling others" to "locust world defeated almost everyone, conversations with the commanders is finished"???

the conversation needs to finish..unless the whole speech was "Welecome to our doom!"

Oh, an 1 locust fleetworld against 4 fleets, each with 500+ ships?
2000 ships there..we need to think things over.
halo07guy wrote: Praise be to Trashman! All will revel in his holy modding skillz!

halo07guy

Post by halo07guy » Thu Apr 03, 2008 8:34 pm

Correction, three fleets. Rebels went bye bye. Tarka, not so sure what their fleet size is, and not so sure about Liir either.

TrashMan

Post by TrashMan » Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:13 pm

I wonder how the managed to retreat so fast.
The closest node is BEHIND the Solforce fleet...

Return to “Fiction”