Battlefield Promotions: Scars of War, Chap: 1 Blood of Stars

Searchers after fiction haunt strange, far places.

Moderator: Erinys

Silveressa

Battlefield Promotions: Scars of War, Chap: 1 Blood of Stars

Post by Silveressa » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:20 am

This is part 2 of my on going Battlefield promotion novella, Once again I have attemtped to blend third and first person writing togther in a smooth natural fashion, and strived to keep true to the setting of Sots and modern astromony as it's understood today.

(If you somehow missed part one be sure to read it here: http://www.kerberos-productions.com/for ... php?t=2677)

Comments as always are welcome and requested, and look for following chapters every 2 weeks (or more often if I have the time.)

Now without further ago I bring you:

Chapter 1: The Blood of Stars

[i] Getting to know the new crew of the Thanatos wouldn’t be all that hard, Leslie repeated silently in her mind, scoffing at her naiveté as she recalled her initial assumption.

A new crew, with a new captain, on a new ship. Three factors that when thrown together made for a very delicate atmosphere on board. Nearly no one knew one another, how their new captain ran things, or how well the person next to them could do their job. “Commodore?â€
Last edited by Silveressa on Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:43 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Lead by example or get out of the way.

bmac4417

Post by bmac4417 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:05 am

Excellent story! Keep up the great writing!

DervMan

Post by DervMan » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:42 am

Yes, I like it too.

Favourite aspects are the chain of command / military dialogue, something I try to do in my own writing. But it's also blending in with some of the human aspects too.

It's a style I aspire to myself! :oops: :wink: Keep up the good work.

Matty414

Post by Matty414 » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:43 pm

yeah that was minteted really good and beter that the first pice by far hope to read more of it soon

Silveressa

Post by Silveressa » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:01 am

There'll be more of this by Monday at the latest, and then a new chapter every two weeks roughly. (Writing a horror fiction novel has drawn me away from this for a long time, but now I'm free to continue this)
Lead by example or get out of the way.

DervMan

Post by DervMan » Fri Apr 11, 2008 5:49 am

Yeah I know what you mean about other projects getting in the way. Hiverspace was a long time coming because I had other things that had to be done...

Return to “Fiction”