Empire

Searchers after fiction haunt strange, far places.

Moderator: Erinys

Emporer

Empire

Post by Emporer » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:46 am

Hey I don't know if this fiction has got to stay with just the five species or if it can expand on different races. Well here goes and tell me what you think.

It was so dark and peaceful. The gentle hum of our powerful ship engines can lull the most rebellious offspring to sleep. Ever since the union of our two species, we have conquered the realm of our galaxy, and now we spread toward a new galaxy hoping to find a new planet to call home. WE are the scouts for our vast empire. No race has ever withstand our might and no one will.

Our small scout ship is the smallest within the empire. Barely two hundred feet long, it is well cloaked our best defense against anything. The harsh clacking of claws on the floor means the arrival of the second shipmaster. His harsh tongue made wince as he spoke to me.

"It has been a long time since your last sleep cycle."

"I know, but I can watch for a little longer." I told her.
Last edited by Emporer on Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Emporer

Post by Emporer » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:05 pm

"Hissss, as you wish, Sh'kayn."

The clicking of his 10 pairs of legs lessened as he exited the bridge. The K'adyn are a formidable race that should not be underestimated. The Queen is always watching through the eyes of her children. It seems that always we are being spied upon. I shook my head of these thoughts and sighed. I went and relinquished to D'aryn, the second shipmaster. I went to check on the young princess, an empty husk only meant to produce more children. With no true conciousce, all she is, is a puppet to be controlled the strongest puppeteer. As I entered the small room, her labored breathing reached my ears.

I saw her being supported by an artificial gravitational field, her large abdomen flexing slowly as the inactive eggs grew steadily inside her. Her six legs curled under her muscular thorax, and her small crown of thorns running up her back from the base of her head. Her mandibles flexing as the liquid medium rich in nutrients was being fed to her.
Last edited by Emporer on Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stargazer

Post by Stargazer » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:38 am

I dunno about the policy on adding new races...

...but if these guys are some sort of lost Hiver from their ancient, pre-Gate past when colony ships were sent away with no hope of communication for centuries... go for it. They sound rather insect-like, and who knows what a lost clan could have evolved into over a thousand years of isolation?
Those Hivers and their genetic experiments... :roll:
One night, I lay in my bed and looked up at the stars and pondered the great questions.
What is the meaning of life? Why are we here? Where is my roof?

Emporer

Post by Emporer » Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:21 am

Looking down at my own body, I again notice the major difference between our two species. Standing eight feet off the ground I tower over any underlings. My dark blue fur with the slightly luminous ancient runes passed down to the ships master of old. The air tasted so dull and dead inside this "prison". My gills flexing under from the lack of water. The only problem living in a dry habitat is that I always get dehydrated.

Walking toward her, my claws raised above the floor as to not damage them. They were designed to kill the aquatic and arboreal prey. Stroking the thorns, I stood beside taking care of her basic needs. Even though she has no conscious mind, she has the simple needs of a domesticated beast. The most important is the loving care.

After taking care of her, I moved to my personal room. As I entered the ship master, I stretch my spines and settle into my water chamber and quickly fell right to sleep.

Dreams pulsed through my head, wars of upright monkeys, and primitive K'adyn. Claws reach from the abyss into the deep subconscious. Three other creatures joined the bloody fight between the two. A upright walking lizard, a mechanical fish, and a hairy animal with a creature on its back. I stepped into the clearing of the battle between the 5 creatures when all their eyes faced and their leering eye made me shift in place. They made a lunge at me when I was shaken awake by my second in command.

"Your honor we are coming up to the first solar system."

"Alright, I will meet you on the bridge," I told him.

As I entered the bridge, D'aryn is already issuing orders. I quietly came up beside him, asked for a status report.

"We have came into the new star system when we have on our radar several ships exchanging fire." The 3-d screen showed a triangular vessel filled with light with several smaller ships of the shape, and they were exchanging plasma fire with a crude looking ship that looked like it was poorly welded together with mismatching pieces. We watched this space battle until the poorly designed ships won out over the others.
Last edited by Emporer on Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Matty414

Post by Matty414 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:55 pm

(OOC)
there you go, happy now
Last edited by Matty414 on Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Emporer

Post by Emporer » Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:23 am

"Hail them, and find out what is going on," told D'aryn to the communication officer. She gave me a quizzical look and said in her raspy voice, "You look agitated."

"No, I'm fine, just a bad dream," I told her and steady myself for the broadcast. She became deathly still when her compound eyes got a milky cloudy the same color as the Ulea, the domestic beast of burden on the K'adyn homeworld Hyken. I know that the Queen was taking over the second ship master.

Broadcasting on a single transmission beam directed at the ship, my voice echoed through the bridge. "This is the captain of the ship Aurora ,
we are peaceful explorers coming from another galaxy, will you participate in forging a bright possible future for our three species?

"We are intercepting a message from the unknown ship. Translating it now."

"Put it through the speaker." I told him. And what I heard shook me to my core. "You will be slaves nothing more, your dead bodies will feed our young, you will be exterminated from the universe."

"Sir, they are powering weapons and moving to attack."

"Power shields and weapons, give me 80 percent to engines and move into attack range.
Last edited by Emporer on Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Matty414

Post by Matty414 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:50 pm

(OOC)
whoa clam down all you had to say was no, jeez

Return to “Fiction”