EoF language option

Bringing the text of SotS2 up to date for Russian and German players as well as expanding into other languages.

Moderators: Eleahen, motorbit, castewarkp, kenshiro

Forum rules
While this project lives or dies by the exceptional efforts of poly-lingual fans, there is the potential for debate. The main things to remember is that bad Russian/German is better than nothing at all, so while we respect that there are various and subtle options for certain words and concepts, please keep the debate here (not in the public docs), allow Kerberos and super-user mods to make final rulings, and regardless if your suggestions are used, your input was invaluable and you helped make it happen.
BlueTemplar

Re: EoF language option

Post by BlueTemplar » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:38 am

I'm very interested, could you please post it?

CyanStorm

Post by CyanStorm » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:21 pm

@Kerberos: The subtitles for "The Gamers - Dorkness Rising" were done with Google docs. It worked out quite well.

NoDMoD wrote:Since I have two professionals translators in my family and I speak 8 languages myself, I offer to translate all the stuff for free! If you want proper terms and words, let me know, I would be happy to help :)

I'm a native speaker of both German and English, so you won't have to do the German version on your own. Or at all, if they let you do all 8 of your languages. I'm sure your two translators will tell you that it's quite a bit of work. ;)

I'm also a professional proofreader, so I'm offering to proof anything that's not translated by me, as long as it's in German.
But when you rush things, accidents can happen. And accidents never have good results for the empire.
- The SotS ][ manual on release problems... er... research accidents.

shadow wolf

Post by shadow wolf » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:45 pm

NoDMoD wrote:Since I have two professionals translators in my family and I speak 8 languages myself, I offer to translate all the stuff for free! If you want proper terms and words, let me know, I would be happy to help :)

Завидую) а какие именно языки знаешь ?
Envy) and what languages ​​you know it?

softisluft

Post by softisluft » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:31 pm

Are tere new informations about the german version. MANY people still waiting for it.

Elminster

Post by Elminster » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:36 pm

kenshiro wrote:be carefoul:
this is for the current version of the game maybe next update the string get back in english but this is not a big problem I found a good way to not remake all. :D
For someone who don't understand anything in english its enough all the most imporatnt thing are in french ;) but be cool I've not re-read everything so some error can occur. :?
and for finish just replace the new string in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\sword of the stars ii\assets\base\locale\en\strings.csv"
that's all good game everyone.

ATTENTION:
Ce fichier est pour la version actuel du jeu , il est possible qu'a la prochaine MAJ ce fichier revienne en anglais.(garder l'original si jamais il y a un probleme).
Pour quelqu'un qui ne comprend pas l'anglais c'est amplement suffisant , les textes les plus important sont traduit en francais mais soyez indulgent je n'ai pas tout relu donc quelque traduction pouront vous parraitre bizarre.
Placez le fichier ici:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\sword of the stars ii\assets\base\locale\en\strings.csv"
voila bon jeu a tous.

Thanks,
If I have time after the holidays, I'll try to help continue the translation

kenshiro

Post by kenshiro » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:09 pm

Thanks to you Elminster because this is lot of work but since the last update I have to remake all the strings :evil:

thanks : winmerge is excellent for this the stringsfr is ready :D :D :D :D

Nspace
Kerbicron Cleric
Kerbicron Cleric

Post by Nspace » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:40 pm

Be aware that every time the game updates, any changes to the string file will be overwritten. So be sure to have a backup copy of your work. :)
"Quando omni flunkus, mortati" - "When all else fails, play dead"
SotS 1 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots1/Main_Page
SotS 2 wiki: http://wiki.swordofthestars.com/sots2/SotS2_Codex

kenshiro

Post by kenshiro » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:21 pm

Don't worry Nspace I have multiple copy of this ;)
And if someone is intereted I have the stringfr for sots1 complete collection(1.8.0) with a great and finish translation of this one .

saru

Post by saru » Wed Dec 26, 2012 4:27 pm

hi kenshiro i m interested by your translation for sots 1, plz contact me :)

Ixal

Post by Ixal » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:41 pm

As I have seen a lot of demand of a translation from German players I have set up a GoogleDocs for a German translation and already did about 200 lines. I am not a professional translator so many translations will likely be awkward. In some cases I also took some liberty with the translation (for example with Thumpers) and sometimes I simply gave up (Reflex Furnance? WTF?).

Also there are likely spelling errors in there and I did not check with the Sots 1 translation to keep it consistent.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... 3p6bnByWnc

Azrael Ultima

Post by Azrael Ultima » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:14 am

Eh, i'd help out on the german but i'm perfectly aware that i'm way to lazy to do it with any regularity.

I'd be perfectly happy to complain about any string i don't like... er, i mean, try to offer constructive criticism on odd wording.
I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
The zeppelin of bluster Feldman excoriated Freddy with suddenly popped into a cloud of humility. (David Grand, The Disappearing Body, 2002)

Launch apathy protocols. Visual rotational thrusters engaged. Scroll command to HAND/DEXTER/02 received. Submitting pressure request to location Left Mouse. Visual augur confirms hit on Planetary Annihilation General Discussion.

Return to “Localization”