Other languages?

Bringing the text of SotS2 up to date for Russian and German players as well as expanding into other languages.

Moderators: motorbit, kenshiro, Eleahen, castewarkp

Forum rules
While this project lives or dies by the exceptional efforts of poly-lingual fans, there is the potential for debate. The main things to remember is that bad Russian/German is better than nothing at all, so while we respect that there are various and subtle options for certain words and concepts, please keep the debate here (not in the public docs), allow Kerberos and super-user mods to make final rulings, and regardless if your suggestions are used, your input was invaluable and you helped make it happen.
castewarkp
Site Admin

Other languages?

Post by castewarkp » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:27 am

While this project is intended to rectify the incomplete localization of SotS2, there is no reason it cannot be used in a similar fashion to open up the game to players around the world where there is no publisher. So, if you think there is enough interest and player translators for a particular language other than Russian and German, please let us know here and we will set up the appropriate Google source docs!

Frighter

Re: Other languages?

Post by Frighter » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:53 am

Chinese Plz!!! :!:
Even I already get used to English. But it always feels better to use native language instead of second language isn't it? Besides China have the largest population(maybe?) in the Earth. I can't find the reason not give them access to this great game. :P I'm also a translator in Chinese space game bbs, And we are ready to translate. There also are a lot of fans of space game and they a looking forward to this game, Of course, Chinese version.
Last edited by Frighter on Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

castewarkp
Site Admin

Post by castewarkp » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:55 am

Frighter wrote:Chinese Plz!!! :!:
Even I already get used to English. But it always feels better to use native language instead of second language isn't it? Besides China have the largest population(maybe?) in the Earth. I can't find the reason not give them access to this great game. :P

The main hurtle is the character set. I will add it to the wish list and we'll see what we can do.

Frighter

Post by Frighter » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:57 am

castewarkp wrote:
Even I already get used to English. But it always feels better to use native language instead of second language isn't it? Besides China have the largest population(maybe?) in the Earth. I can't find the reason not give them access to this great game. :P

The main hurtle is the character set. I will add it to the wish list and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks a lot! I will thank your for those fans stopped by language gap. :P

Elminster

Post by Elminster » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:26 pm

castewarkp wrote:While this project is intended to rectify the incomplete localization of SotS2, there is no reason it cannot be used in a similar fashion to open up the game to players around the world where there is no publisher. So, if you think there is enough interest and player translators for a particular language other than Russian and German, please let us know here and we will set up the appropriate Google source docs!

French translation
Zeio and Kenshiro have already begun
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=40748

kenshiro

Post by kenshiro » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:38 pm

Elminster wrote:
castewarkp wrote:While this project is intended to rectify the incomplete localization of SotS2, there is no reason it cannot be used in a similar fashion to open up the game to players around the world where there is no publisher. So, if you think there is enough interest and player translators for a particular language other than Russian and German, please let us know here and we will set up the appropriate Google source docs!

French translation
Zeio and Kenshiro have already begun
http://www.kerberos-productions.com/for ... 65&t=40748

Its already finish. the strings is 100% complete in french so the entire game is in french now. :angel:

Elminster

Post by Elminster » Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:42 pm

Thanks for hard work in the string file

But there is now the speech file. :blush:

castewarkp
Site Admin

Post by castewarkp » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:43 pm

kenshiro wrote:Its already finish. the strings is 100% complete in french so the entire game is in french now. :angel:

I saw you were working on French - that's pretty awesome.
Can someone send me a copy of the strings.csv, and I will plug it into our format checker-thingy? Once I've got a properly formatted .csv for FR, I'll create a Google doc (in case of future string addition), and start setting up a FR locale branch for SotS2.

kenshiro

Post by kenshiro » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:35 pm

Hi castewarkp,

I made a topic where everyone can download the string fr: viewtopic.php?f=65&t=40748
Overall the string have a good translation and try it in the game you will see 8)

castewarkp
Site Admin

Post by castewarkp » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:44 pm

After I posted I noticed you link to the string file. I went through it, had to fix a few formatting errors, and then created an Official French Kerb doc on Google docs. You're now French mod on this forum and first editor invited to access the doc. For whatever reason, there are still some English strings not covered, which can be seen in the doc, but they are few - you got most everything.

The main benefit of this official effort is to minimize what you guys were frustrated by, which is you'd translate what was public, then a new update would go out with new strings.

This way, as new strings are added, I can post them here, get feedback, and incorporate it into the strings before an update goes public.

zeio

Post by zeio » Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:01 pm

This is a great thing for french people. :D
I speak English like a Spanish cow, please apologize.

castewarkp
Site Admin

Post by castewarkp » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:51 am

Even I already get used to English. But it always feels better to use native language instead of second language isn't it? Besides China have the largest population(maybe?) in the Earth. I can't find the reason not give them access to this great game. :P I'm also a translator in Chinese space game bbs, And we are ready to translate. There also are a lot of fans of space game and they a looking forward to this game, Of course, Chinese version.

With the next update, I'd like to try some tests to see how the game handles Chinese/Japanese/Korean character sets. Fingers crossed.

szaki

Post by szaki » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:38 pm

I want to try translate to hungarian. Can i get docs?

castewarkp
Site Admin

Post by castewarkp » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:06 am

Sent you email, set up Google doc for you.

Tomik123cz

Post by Tomik123cz » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:23 pm

Hi,
i have translated game into czech language. Can i get docs? I may so send you translated file strings.csv to czceh language, compatible with version game 2.0.24759.2. Thanks :D

Return to “Localization”