Source Doc(s) Russian

Bringing the text of SotS2 up to date for Russian and German players as well as expanding into other languages.

Moderators: Eleahen, castewarkp, motorbit, kenshiro

Forum rules
While this project lives or dies by the exceptional efforts of poly-lingual fans, there is the potential for debate. The main things to remember is that bad Russian/German is better than nothing at all, so while we respect that there are various and subtle options for certain words and concepts, please keep the debate here (not in the public docs), allow Kerberos and super-user mods to make final rulings, and regardless if your suggestions are used, your input was invaluable and you helped make it happen.
castewarkp
Site Admin

Source Doc(s) Russian

Post by castewarkp » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:29 am

RU Strings
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... V9HMHFMcUE

Those wishing to help will need to be invited into the document. Until I learn everybody involved, I will be going slow when sending out invites as well as relying on Motorbit and Eleahen to guide me, as they have already been involving themselves in discussion threads.

shadow wolf

Re: Source Doc(s) Russian

Post by shadow wolf » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:29 am

http://notabenoid.com/book/35357
Is it possible association with this project? For example unification translators and game developers Endless Space.
Возможно ли объединение с этим проектом? По примеру объединения переводчиков и разработчиков игры Endless Space.

castewarkp
Site Admin

Post by castewarkp » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:41 pm

Hi Shadow,
I'm not sure what you're asking exactly. If you mean, can the two projects merge, yes, absolutely, however and translation that is intended to make it into the game for everyone to access (not just as a possible mod option), they need to be added to this Google doc I set up. It's a bit of a pain, but I need an "official" copy of the translated strings for use in a game update.

If I misunderstood, I apologize - can you clarify?

c

Alehandr WS

Post by Alehandr WS » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:50 pm

castewarkp wrote:Hi Shadow,
I'm not sure what you're asking exactly. If you mean, can the two projects merge, yes, absolutely, however and translation that is intended to make it into the game for everyone to access (not just as a possible mod option), they need to be added to this Google doc I set up. It's a bit of a pain, but I need an "official" copy of the translated strings for use in a game update.

c

Yes, he asked if those two projects could be merged together, like Endless Space devs merged with translators.

shadow wolf

Post by shadow wolf » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:56 pm

Alehandr WS wrote:
castewarkp wrote:Hi Shadow,

c

Yes, he asked if those two projects could be merged together, like Endless Space devs merged with translators.

Yes.

castewarkp
Site Admin

Post by castewarkp » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:02 pm

OK, good - then as I said, yes. In fact, this forum and the docs I set up are basically me hustling to catch up with and make official the work previously done. Whatever merges into the Kerb Google strings will go into the game official in an update.

Greystal

Post by Greystal » Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:24 pm

I am russian and want to be involved. Current state of russian translation is terrible IMO, and I want to help, so russian people will not have their brains explode from such a translation. My statement is harsh, but I have witnessed a lot of awful localisations which a supposedly done by "professionals" in my country.

p.s. The translation on Notabenoid on the other hand is nearly perfect
Last edited by Greystal on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Darkwing dack

Post by Darkwing dack » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:15 pm

So, I want to help. What and where I should download?

castewarkp
Site Admin

Post by castewarkp » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:40 pm

Eleahen is working to organize people - at his point the work for Russian will be split between porting the unofficial project strings into the Official Kerberos and translating what still requires translating (the Kerb Google doc only contain what portions Paradox' translators did, while the unofficial efforts have gone beyond that.)

The link above will take you to the document and anyone can view it. We're still working out whom to open editing access to, but everyone is welcome to review the doc, look for anything the unofficial efforts haven't covered, and in the meantime post their suggested translations here. Ideally though, it makes the most sense to have the unofficial project leaders act in the same capacity here, so Eleahen, Shadow, etc. are the people to talk to about what needs doing and being invited into editing access.

shadow wolf

Post by shadow wolf » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:00 am

From here you can get the text? From strings.csv (assets\base\locale\ru)
It's better than manually copying the entire text of the new format. Not forgetting credits (transfer translators nicknames in Russification)

Можно отсюда взять текст? Из strings.csv (assets\base\locale\ru)
Это лучше, чем вручную копировать весь текст в новый формат. Не забыв про credits (перенести ники участвовавших в руссификации)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

serdesh

Post by serdesh » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:00 pm

Драсте!
За русик респект! Есть вопрос: можно ли решить проблему со знаками вопроса в сообщениях бегущей строки (внизу)?

Eleahen
Doomsayer

Post by Eleahen » Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:36 pm

@ Greystal, Darkwing dack
PM me your google account names to get access.

@ shadow wolf
Working on that.
Занимаюсь этим.

@serdesh
Known and reported issue. Currently there's no easy solution to that yet.
Это известная проблема, и она доведена до внимания разработчиков. На данный момент решения нет.

nightpatrol

Post by nightpatrol » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:08 pm

Да, скопировать надо, а то по второму разу тоже самое писать не хорошо :D

kenshiro

Post by kenshiro » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:21 pm

serdesh wrote:Драсте!
За русик респект! Есть вопрос: можно ли решить проблему со знаками вопроса в сообщениях бегущей строки (внизу)?

Hi guys,
Same here for my french translation only the events can't write properly :é,è,à....
Better for russian language to leave events in english or european alphabet not cyrillique.

shadow wolf

Post by shadow wolf » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:43 pm

kenshiro wrote:Better for russian language to leave events in english or european alphabet not cyrillique.

Ha pycckom malo bykB Т_Т HocTALIDIA PO IGRAM HA PS ;)
Write Russian words in the English layout - very few words can be. Big difference alphabets.
Писать русские слова в английской раскладке - очень мало слов можно. Большая разница алфавитов.

Return to “Localization”